A satisfied SELLER on Ebay...........

Ah, that's nothin'...

I've got one of our Jolly Roger history sheets on ebay right now going for $41.00 and it's still got a day left to go..

I just do it to see how much someone is willing to pay, and I usually cut the winner a break and include an additional sheet or cut shipping a little, because I do think $40 is quite a bit for a sheet, but if they're willing to pay..

Edited by VF-103guy
I was just doing the typical EBAY browse, and came across this bid war.

The auction ended already, but thought it would be a good conversation piece.

EBAY DECAL AUCTION

Looks like WRNJR put up a good fight.

Sincerely,

Jimmy Dickens

I dunno about that wrnjr fellow...

William Randall Nichols Jr...

Maybe he goes by Spaced Marine here on ARC... :cheers:

I dunno about that wrnjr fellow...

William Randall Nichols Jr...

Maybe he goes by Spaced Marine here on ARC...

William, my friend, you put up a good fight. :cheers:

You dug as deep as you were willing to....not a whole lot more you could do after that.

I had an incident similar to this. It was a couple of years ago when PARAGON was a

thing of the past and getting scarce, and I was craving wingfolds for the R/M 1/48 Intruder.

I was sniping them in an auction, and decided that I WAS GONG TO WIN IT. I waited until there

were about 15 seconds left and entered $100 as my maximum bid. I think the bidding was

up to around $50 or $60. Anyway, someone had a deeper pocket (larger max bid) which meant I

didn't bid enough.

I was really relieved that I didn't win in the end. Then later, a guy that looked at the bidders list

saw what I was willing to pay for the wingfolds and offered to sell me some REPOPS

for $45 plus shipping from Europe (Spain, I think). I told him to take a HIKE.

Sincerely,

Jimmy Dickens

I had a situation like this a couple of years ago. I was selling a 1/32 F-15E Superscale decal set. Some dude in Brazil won with a $52 bid! Then a week later he bought my 1/48 EA-6B decals for $46! For that price you should frame the decals!

I had a simliar experence a year of so ago, I found myself bidding on an older Aeromaster Seafire decal sheet , I eventually lost out with 10 sec to go.

The closing price was I think £27or 28, ($45 or so), bummed out I checked the Hannants web site and there was the sheet I'd lost still avaible for £8 ...

If you find yourself in a bidding war .. Make sure it really isn't avaible elsewhere - otherwise you could end up making a very expensive mistake!

:thumbsup:

Yup , I'm occasionally tempted by some of the hong Kong retailers selling Tamiya F-4E's for £45 , wih £30 or so shipping costs , but as you said , in comes HM Customs and Excise , and hits you with another 25-30 ... and there's your cost saving gone

Lucky modesl are good about printing a lower invoise total , so not , in theory not attracting a customs charge, however it appears heir getting wise to this , so my contact in the Post Office says , and may well open any large package regardless of the decalared value ... worrying ....

Yes, the Ebay madness still exists in a big way, and downright silly things take place in auctions.

Case in point....I've spotted a few Paragon items for the B-17 and the Intruder, and have placed bids. My max bid is what I can get the parts for direct from Neil. I've been outbid every time, and the auctions have gone to sky-high prices. Oddly enough, the seller still states in every listing "Paragon items are getting hard to find these days"

As an example, a set of Paragon B-17 crew access doors recently sold for $28.76US. Should someone tell this buyer that the "rare" doors are back in production and available from Paragon for the equivalent of $6?

Edited by smithery
I think you should tell eBay about it, as they're misleading the uninformed & those that've been stuck behind wardrobes for a while.

Not really my battle to fight. Besides, at the time those parts sold, there were 4 others sets of the same parts for sale from 3 different sources, and a total of 40 Paragon items for sale. If Paragon stuff is so hard to find, why was there such an abundance that week?

As a side note, that buyer (a powerseller with a feedback of almost 500 I might add) paid $121 for 4 Paragon B-17 sets, which are available from various sources for $56.

i guess its the fun of bidding what's keepin some people bidding like crazy even if the product is still available elsewhere at a cheaper price....

i got some folks who says it can be addicting sometimes....

i guess its just the notion of trying to outwit and outbid another opponent...it somehow brings out the competitive side of human beings hehehe

...i guess its just the notion of trying to outwit and outbid another opponent...it somehow brings out the competitive side of human beings hehehe

I totally agree. That is why my Ebay policy is to "fire and forget" :lol: . When I see an item, I don't care if it has 6 minutes or 6 days left, I simply factor in shipping costs and bid as much as I am willing to pay for the item and leave. I don't watch the item at all. If I win I win. If I don't, then someone else obviously wanted the item more then I was willing to pay. The price you see some stuff sell for on Ebay will make your head spin :worship: .

Regards.

I totally agree. That is why my Ebay policy is to "fire and forget" :D . When I see an item, I don't care if it has 6 minutes or 6 days left, I simply factor in shipping costs and bid as much as I am willing to pay for the item and leave. I don't watch the item at all. If I win I win. If I don't, then someone else obviously wanted the item more then I was willing to pay. The price you see some stuff sell for on Ebay will make your head spin :thumbsup: .

Regards.

What Don said. :lol: