3) Ethiopian AF standard Flanker scheme Su-27

4) Angolan AF Jungle camo Su-27

5) Belarus AF green-grey scheme Su-27

6) Vietnam AF standard flanker scheme Su-27

7) PLAAF Su-27- grey scheme with tigerhead noseart

8) Indonesian AF Su-27

...plus perhaps few more Flanker Bs if I will enjoy the project

...so first I did some basic layers of shadows and highlights..:

this morning I did something more (esp. canopy), and tested how the insignia would look on the rough profile...

...still lot of work to do... I need to correct some shadows and highlights before I start to work on details... (camos and markings will be last step)

I was thinking about the Ukr AF camo too...but I am not sure... it is not that EXOTIC in my eyes,you know :cheers:

but after all, the Eritrean scheme IS in fact the Ukrainian scheme (with different colours)...

But who knows, may be I will also do Ukrainian and Russian schemes, so I have the complete Flanker B gallery with all operators and schemes... it depends how strong will my enthusiasm in this project be... :cheers:

P.S., backfire ...from your avatar...I would say you are and Ukr AF fan...so if you have decals for Ukrainian Su-27, and you can scan (highest res possible) it for me (so I will not have spend time drawing all those insignias and numbers), I can do the Ukr AF bird easily in matter of minutes when basis for profiles are ready...I would use the scan just and only for and in the profile, no copying whatsoever... (jmikes@csas.cz)

Edited by Jan

Jan, I have a Hasegawa kit way down in the stash that might just make it to the top on the strength of some of these opptions you list. Can't wait to see more. BTW, nice trick with the pilot, although you seem to have added a lot more detail than you give yourself credit for there.

P.S., backfire ...from your avatar...I would say you are and Ukr AF fan...so if you have decals for Ukrainian Su-27, and you can scan (highest res possible) it for me (so I will not have spend time drawing all those insignias and numbers), I can do the Ukr AF bird easily in matter of minutes when basis for profiles are ready...I would use the scan just and only for and in the profile, no copying whatsoever... (jmikes@csas.cz)

Jan, I have decal sheets for several UkrAF Su-27B's, however they are for non-splinter scheme aircraft, or for the Fairford IAF '96 splinter scheme which has been done to death ;) . Hopefully decals for the newer splinter scheme, such as on 'Blue 08', will be forthcoming from a manufacturer soon.

Keith

Edited by Backfire
What do you use - Photoshop or CorelDraw?

Photoshop (but also the Corel draw, if I need to draw some insignias, numbers etc.)

What I can do is scan a decal sheet containing the UkrAF 'Trizub' and roundels and forward to you

OK, very good! Scan also the numbers, please...perhaps I could use them in some combination...

As I stressed, I need the highest resolution possible (but, please, not more than 1MB large file so it get through to my mailbox). Thanks in advance.

More progress today...

1)I modified some highlights and shadows to intensify 3D effect

2) Put one more layer of "side shadows"

3) refined the canopy

4) did my best to get "realistic" metal on the exhausts (not a 100% success)

5) put the stencils on

...now... some weathering, and I can start to put the camos on my 2D Flanker

OK, very good! Scan also the numbers, please...perhaps I could use them in some combination...

As I stressed, I need the highest resolution possible (but, please, not more than 1MB large file so it get through to my mailbox). Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Jan. :)

Keith

Edited by Backfire

I could not resist to see my Flanker profile with some real 'combat' colours...

...so here you can see the Eritrean AF Flanker B

...this is just a test... there is still some work on the 'naked' profile before I can reallz start to paint other camouflages...

Any suggestions?