The 'Exotic Flankers' -profiles

Kazakstan AF Su-27S (from the only picture available, the bort number is not clear... the number is red, this is sure, but i used number "10" to purely to have the scheme complete...)

I decided to try how difficult/easy it is to make right side profile from the left side profile :)

(I have few machines on my "to do" list that are better documented from the right side...)

So here is the result... I also add "naked" profile without the line drawing...it shows how important the line drawing is for the profile to look "right"

Here's the well known Angolan Flanker pic:

I have one more pic of the Angolan single seater....without natoinal marking, but with what seems like small red serial on the nose...the camo is like on my single seater flanker, different from the camo on double seater on the "well knon pic"

And I am sure you are including also this scheme...right,Diego?

Of course, my friend :D

And the last one will be "blue 08"...

BTW: another GREAT profile :worship::thumbsup:

Cheers

Diego

Prototype of the mighty Flanker.... T10-17 ...the camo scheme was obviously inspired by the then new F-16 camo scheme (the very first prototype of the Flanker -Sukhoi T10-1 wore also camouflage pattern inspired by the F-16... it was wrap around "sky scheme")

Edited by Jan

As I have enjoyed the Flanker profile quite a lot, I decided to do few more Su-30MK profiles ...especially to have the list of 'Exotic' flankers complete .... I need an Indian Flanker... and Indians operate onlz two seaters

So... first step is to modify the linedrawing

next step is to modify the 'naked profile' ...shadows, and especially the highlights ...

so, the Su-30MK linedrawing on original Flanker "naked profile"...

Work on the naked Su-30MK continues...

...for the canopy, I used the same trick as on my single seater.... but it was more difficult this time. No picture fitted my purpose 100%, so I combined three pictures to create the cockpit iterior.

Btw...the pilot on front seat is an Ukrainian, the pilot on the back seat are Indian Flanker drivers (body and head with helmet come from two different guys) ;)

Some 3D effects added to create 3D canopy 'bubble' impression

'Naked' profile of Su-30 is nearly finished....

...here I show it with weathering layers at 100% opacity (three layers of weathering: #1: sun fading layer, #2 weathering from exhausts+stains, #3 scratches) ...on finished profiles, the weathering layers will be much more subtle of course ....

So... if I can find time tomorrow, mz next profile will be Indian Su-30MK-1 "Hawks" squadron