The 'Exotic Flankers' -profiles

• 2 weeks later...

And now something completely new and probably surprizing... 'Syrian' Flanker.

This is a demo machine painted in 2001 in full Syrian markings for display in Damascus in front of the Syrian military authorities. Needless to say, this PR stunt did not have the prpoper effect, and the deal never materialized.

..info on marking provided via Tom Cooper of ACIG (....now, I am putting the flamesuit on :) :banana: )

Edited by Jan
  • 2 weeks later...

Now the most ordinary of all Flanker schemes... but no collection of Flanker profiles would be complete without this profile ...this profile depicts probably the most famous machine-red "36", the one that crashed with Norwegian P-3 Orion over the Barents Sea in 1987.

This incident also meant the very first sighthing of the mighty Flanker by any western observer!

actually, they will all be displayed on ACIG in special article, when finished...

jsut a lil joke for a KP forum' er :D B)

really digging these jan!

a mig-29 companion serries woudl be rocking also ;) (hint hint) :lol:

mig-29 companion serries woudl be rocking also (hint hint)

Tom cooper already did excellent 'exotic Fulcrums' series (check ot ACIG journal.... so I do not want to do something that was already covered:).... but you are right, if Tom Cooper have not covered these, I would surely go for Fulcrums (even more diverse camo schemes and even more exotic operators than Flankers :lol: )

Jan,

Got your PM. No problem on using the Art, I'm just sorry that I couldn't give you something in a better format than the .JPG I posted here earlier. I'm working on a lot of decal art for my personal use right now, and while a lot of the MKK stuff has been converted to .SVG, I haven't sized or combined much of the MKK stuff.

Couple of points of feedback on "502." When it appeared at the Paris Airshow with the "372" Buzz number on the intakes, it was also sporting three red stars (I think for live missile shoots) just about the Suhkoi and KNAAPO logos under the cockpit. Additionally there is a red star that needs to be centered on the forward portion of the "Archer" on the vertical tail.

Look here to see what I'm talking about:

http://parisairshow.free.fr/walkaround/su30/page_01.htm

Other than that, I'm very impressed, and glad you could use some of my art!

-Jared

Couple of points of feedback on "502." When it appeared at the Paris Airshow with the "372" Buzz number on the intakes, it was also sporting three red stars (I think for live missile shoots) just about the Suhkoi and KNAAPO logos under the cockpit. Additionally there is a red star that needs to be centered on the forward portion of the "Archer" on the vertical tail.

thanks for the feedback...I will correct the profile tomorrow :banana:

I'm working on a lot of decal art for my personal use right now

If you have decals for the Chinese MKK with the unit badge on the nose, I would gladly do one more profile for this machine ...I was just lazy to look for close up picture of the abovementioned badge (just in case, my e-mail: jmikes@csas.cz

Thank you for letting me use the fruits of your work, and sorry again for forgetting to ask before I actually posted the profile