Fujimi/Italeri MH-53J 1/72

hello Juanjo

very nice pics to start the week-end. I enjoy to see how this model is going ahead.

Will you put it on some base ?

Norbert

Hi Norbert

Happy to see that you like it :banana: I'm planning a base but not a diorama, only a wooden base. Mostly as an aid to transport...

take care mate

Here we go again! :nanner:

Only a few pics on some details I'm working on....

A new one on the guns... I think the white background didn't let apreciate these pieces...

DSCN0835.jpg

Undercarriage set... I used Fujimi's one with the only addition of some wiring...

DSCN0837.jpg

TI AN/AAQ-10 FLIR side by side with SX-5E IR spotlight.

2x.jpg

And Loral AN/ALQ-157 IR jammers

DSCN0839.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics :)

Thank you mates! Yesterday I glued fuel tanks, undercarriage, etc. I also retired the masks. I still need to finish some detail as the cockpit side windows, aerials... and both rotors... :blink:

About the disco light... You'll have to read the article.... :blink: :cheers: Just kidding!! I used some sort of metallized plastic cut in circles (many colors) that girls use for party dresses, I'm sorry I dont know the word for this in english... I fact I barely know its name in spanish... :P Out there (but don't know where...), there is an article about using this thinguies to replicate screens, etc... BTW I also used them in FLIR and spotlight (although it's really difficult to catch the bright of this material in pics it really stands out "live")

Take care... the finish line is closer...

Edited by Juanjo D.

Everything about your build is simply incredible. Nice attention to detail and simply stunning scrathbuild abilities. I always find new inspiration thanks to the builds like this and this forum. ARC rulez.

:cheers:

Juanjo,

Hey she has legs, gas bags, and some fiddly bits attached! Now we await the final act. It has been a honor to watch how this model has progressed from some scratchbuilt avionics racks to the little beauty above.

Cheers,

Alby

On the left side you removed more than only the gunner-window and made a "bigger" window, is that correct? I´m starting a Pave Low myself these days and enjoy your pictures very much!

HAJO

On the left side you removed more than only the gunner-window and made a "bigger" window, is that correct? I´m starting a Pave Low myself these days and enjoy your pictures very much!

HAJO

Well I only removed the molded in window in Fujimi's fuselaje... Perhaps it was a bit oversize but not too much I think... Some shots on the real thing you can see at the walkaround section:

mh53_31.jpg

mh53_23.jpg

Edited by Juanjo D.
Juanjo,

Hey she has legs, gas bags, and some fiddly bits attached! Now we await the final act. It has been a honor to watch how this model has progressed from some scratchbuilt avionics racks to the little beauty above.

Cheers,

Alby

The honor was simply mine, for having so kind and good friends to share my work with! :cheers::banana:

Edited by Juanjo D.
Looks like I have to cut off a little bit of the window, just leaving away the clear parts wouldn´t do it, so my opinion.

HAJO

If you're using Italeri kit, I think the window we talk about, is a bit small... With Fujimi kit you'll have less problems (and engraved panel lines, and better fit, and ... :D )