Check this out. I can't believe the starting bid price, but the "Buy it Now" price is outragous. Even the other Falcon kits on the same page put it to shame. And worse yet, you still have to pay for shipping to get it across the pond. I really wonder what people are thinking sometimes... :bobby:

Randy

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?c...lcon&category0=

But who do you blame? As long as there are people desparate enough to pay, then there will always be people naughty/smart enough to sell at those prices.

The exact same thing happend (and is probably still happening) with the Xbox360 on its release. people just need to be a little more patient I think and the prices will become more realistic.

However, the axiom from my second year in economics is true: People will pay what the market will bear...kind of a fancier way of saying "A fool and his money are soon parted".

I hear ya Rusty. I was watching the on-line market for 5 weeks before I bought my FMMF kit. I resolved not to pay "market value" and as lonnie sweet alluded to - that's somewhere around $200.00. Luckily I grabbed one off of eBay of all places for $180.00.

I still check-out the prices to reinforce that I got a good deal. I'm confident that I did. But I've noticed that again on eBay, the "buy me now" kit prices of $220.00 - $240.00 are not moving anymore. The initial euphoria over the kit has subsided (the price had a lot to do with that) and now modelers are stepping back and saying "Nah! I'll wait until the summer when the prices drop." Good stradegy. But when I saw this price from across the pond I was shaking my head in disbelief. Hasn't this guy been watching the eBay market? Where does he get off thinking that he can ask $100.00 more for the same model kit that appears lower down on the same page (and then the buyer has to pay to ship the darn thing)? It just blew me away.

Randy

Depends on where you are from. I have a feeling you may be talking about the one that i bought. It was listed in Pounds Sterling.One way of looking at it is, I bought my first one from HLJ at the going dollar rate. By the time i had paid shipping and got stung for customs and handling, it worked out to £175 (roughly $306). Now i dont mind paying the Customs fee, but i do object to paying Parcelforce a handling fee just so they can leave it sitting in their depot for a week and deliver it late. Now i can see that in US Dollars it was a very high price, but for us in the UK it wasnt a bad price. I can collect it tomorrow ,pay cash and not have to stress out about it going missing or accumulating charges.

Thats all. If its not the one you are talking about then disregard this! :wacko: