airfix 1:48 spitfire mk IX test shots

It is actually a whole new kit.

I'll take 4 please :thumbsup: TALLYHO!!!

Now if we could only get Airfiix to do a new tool Hurricane Mk I :worship: (BIG HINT!!!!)

Edited by crazydon
Now if we could only get Airfiix to do a new tool Hurricane Mk I :D (BIG HINT!!!!)

Now that would also be really NICE :) !

Agreed, especially about the "new" kit being included as part of a set. One would have thought that it would be released, or at least attempt to release it, as a single kit first...like around now with the 70th Anniversary hoopla and such (strike while the iron is hot so-to-speak). Then again and within reason, I would rather Airfix take their time and make sure that it is good to go in the fit and accuracy department rather then rush it out.

Oh well...the waiting game.

Good thread and good info guys!

Regards,

Don

I think you're on the right track Don . . . Airfix is probably figuring this is the best way to maximize the impact of the new kit(s) . . . get everyone fired up with a commemorative three-pack. No doubt that the new kits will eventually see individual packaging. They're also probably hoping to cash in on the age-old "Collector's Edition" approach and an implication that this will be the only way to get the kit . . . for now.

I've heard that new kit maximization is why Tamiya released their 1/48 F4U-1/2 before the -1A/-1D kits. Probably figured that the later kits would be the better sellers, but by releasing the Birdcage first, they'd be able to maximize its sales potential by capitalizing on all the excitement generated by the kits and people who may have taken a pass on the early version, would buy in just to get their hands on a new 1/48 Corsair in whatever form.

Bear in mind those are pics of the first test shots. I have a copy of the production kit here and the panel lines are much more refined, on a par with the TSR-2 kit.

you have no idea how jealous I am.Can you give us any details on the decal options in the box especially the 421 RCAF option?

Stephen