I agree with Colin. It looks like a Hornet to me. I do models as a hobby and a way to have fun. Yeah I take my planes to the local shows and rarley win but I just enjoy looking at the other models, meeting new folks in the hobby and just enjoying myself. But really that dude is way overboard and to make personal comments over a model! Get a life.

I like the Revell Super Hornet. The price is right, the detail is fine, and the build is challenging, yet totally within the reach of someone with a few kits under their belt. As far as accuracy goes, it is accurate enough for me and that's all that counts...to me. Others can take what is there and work with it should they desire more. Each to their own...as we so often say here on ARC. I am just glad that we have the choice. Having said that, I will, in all likelihood, pick up a Hasegawa SH just for kicks...when I see one for a good price.

As a side, I now totally appreciate the ARC Moderators relentless pleas for us not to talk/write/gossip etc about other sites, or other builders from other sites :cheers: .

SO the problem with it is there is a speed brake where there isnt one for real and the wings dont fit to well.

Anything else ?

The thing is the Italeri kit is £13 including shipping, the Hasegawa kit £40 including shipping.

So are the Italeri problems really so bad ?

ES:

You also need to fill the little LEX flaps that aren't on the production aircraft. The "pizza box" IFF antenna fairing on the nose will also need to be scratchbuilt, and you'll have to adjust the toe angle of the pylons (4 degrees outboard). The decal cockpit is also poor, but the BB pit availability is obviously a big help.

I'm starting to remember why I said I won't build another. B)

Hoosiershark,

It's pretty simple...if you want a kit that 'resembles' a Super Hornet at a reasonable price then go with the Revell kit. If your a "Rivet Counter" then by all means hurry up and get the Hasegawa kit. :lol:

Personally, I think the article is very informative. However, it would seem useless IMHO to make modifications and corrections that won't make a noticeble difference in the first place. :huh: I probably wouldn't have caught any of the minor changes if it weren't for the write up OR am I the only one?

Just pick one and build it.

:banana:

Hardest part right now for me is deciding on markings.....I cant decide now!!!!

I'm hoping for some VFA-105 Gunslingers markings as they make the switch to the Rhino myself...

Gregg

Thanks for all of inputs! There are definitely some good points in the posts. I like to build for an accurate model that reprsents the real thing. If it looks good on the shelf from the good ol' "three foot rule", then I'm a happy man. It sounds like the Revell Super Hornet will do just that. I definitely appreciate the comments! Thanks again!

:thumbsup:

Here is what my Revell Superhornet looks like OOB. The decals are the bigest problem. They are completely wrong. Best to get aftermarket decals.

Other than that you should have no problems with the kit.

somebody buy skull a drink!!! :( . It's a model, model stands for representation. There are way TO MANY RIVET COUNTERS!! If you want something that does more and looks closer than you care for, JOIN THE MILITARY or call Boeing. I think to many companies quit making kits because people stop buying them because they read a rivet review. Italeri's has/had problems, but it was the only game in town. If you are going to put it in a contest,by all means, go all out. But if it's sitting on a shelf and the couple acroos the street come over for drinks, barring he's not a hornet pilot, do they know what they are looking at??

revell's e for the money is fine. hasegawa's for the money is excellent.

Man! Where's my lighter?!?!?!?! :taunt:

Here is a pic of my Revell F-18. I think it came out pretty decent. I used Two Bob decals. There were some fit issues around the nose but a little putty and sanding smoothed it out. Next one I build I will putty the front windscreen were it joins the nose so that seem will not be so visible.

th_SH7.jpg

th_SH6.jpg

th_SH8.jpg