Airfix 1:24 Stuka

As best I can remember there is not anything currently available for that kit. Waldron did make some 1:24 german stuff, but can't recall what it was. I think Waldron has stopped operating now.

As for the kit, I have no comment I have only seen inside the box once and can not remember what I saw.

Ron

Thanks Ron - I only bought it because it was so cheap. However now I have looked inside it does not seem bad at all - so far no sign of any aftermarket bits - but at that scale should not be too difficult to scratchbuild?

Edited by miduppergunner

The kit is pretty darn good. The fit is good. It is the best of the airfix line in 24th. As far as extras you are kind of on you own. Waldron did some dials and such, as mentioned above. Eduard makes some luft seat belts in 24th. That is all I know of.

S!

Rob

I've never seen any aftermarket sets for that kit, but it really doesn't need them. I built one years ago. It was a pleasant build with no nasty surprises. I love the OOB detail on those 1/24 scale kits.

Bill

Thank you gentlemen - I have formed much the same opinion about the quality of the kit now I have had a chance to examine it - it will make a nice change from the Sanger Halifax kit with which I am wrestling - but none the less enjoying in a masochistic way!!

Ive had a Airfix 1/24 stuka on my shelf for all most 20 years Ive never built it because the decals are dryed up and useless. I suppose I could paint the crosses but not codes and badges same with there 1/24 Bf109 which I also have.

Ellis

Big airfix fan

You could write Airfix for a new decal sheet. They have an excellent parts department (even if you're in the US). It would be the markings from the current kit, but they would work.

Bill

Thank you for the suggestoin Bill Ill try that.

Ellis