Hi Shawn,

Most impressive! They all look great (my favorites would have to be the yellow UH-1H and the light blue OH-58)! Thank you so much for your contributions and participation! I hope to see you in the next ARC Helo GB when we get around to it sometime in '07. Thanks again! :whistle:

Cheers,

Alby

Edited by Alby Moore

Here we go!!!!

I built an HH-60G pavehawk from Moody AFB. The bird, 26463, is a historical bird, and will probably be placed in a museum when it is retired. It has taken part in many missions including the flood response in South Africa in 2000, OIF in 2004 (Jolly 11) and won the MacKay Trophy for the rescue of 5 in an US Army helicopter crash in which the pavehawks flew by instrument, and Katrina in 2005. I was helped by a lot of people and to all of them I say thank you, and this woundn't be possible without you!

Here is my build thread: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80898

'Nuff talking: Get to the sweet stuff...Here it is...enjoy! :thumbsup:

Edited by arkhunter2002

Hi Austin,

Congrats on a sweet looking Pave Hawk! Thanks for participating in the GB.

Cheers,

Alby

PS-Still going for the Kiowa Warrior as well? :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Thomas,

Glad to see the completed Alouette grace our GB. It turned out very well. Kind of reminds me of some of the choppers used by the US Army for training (the day-glo red panels and OD paint). Thanks for your participation as well.

Cheers,

Alby

Thanks Alby,

Ya, I am still chugging on that OH-58D. Got some more stuff to add before painting, but im about halfway through, kinda nice not having to worry about AM, but it wouldn't look as nice.

And super job to everyone else who finished, some amazing models...:thumbsup

Very impressive Alby, mastergg, and everyone else who made 1/72 models. They look AMAZING!!!!

Edited by arkhunter2002

Guys got my peten completed last week...here as some of the pictures.....However while taking photos there was a small incedent and some parts on the rotor hub got dislodged....

Once I put that back on its completed....hope you like ....

next will be pictures of my two entries...

Cockpit.jpg

body2.jpg

body.jpg

thanks and regards,

brian a.k.a mr b

• 2 weeks later...

Okay folks, I have finished my first of (hopefully) two subjects. This is the Italeri 1/48 HAP Tiger built OOB. I decided to paint it as the prototype in all black since it took less time than the 4 color camo French schemes.

I didn't want to paint it solid black so I solicited help from a friend of mine and here was his suggestion: paint the model gloss black (I used Tamyia acrylic). Once this dries you can decal directly on top. Once done with the decalling add two drops of grey to the flat coat (yup, that's it, only 2 drops). When you spray the tinted flat coat it lightens the black just a touch and gives it a much better look. The grey I used had a tinge of blue in it and you can actually see it if the light catches it just right.

I did weather it a bit with an enamel wash of dark (dark) brown but the pictures don't really show that.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Percy

DSC08513.jpg

DSC08526.jpg

DSC08528.jpg

DSC08514.jpg

DSC08515.jpg

DSC08518.jpg

DSC08525.jpg

DSC08520.jpg

DSC08524.jpg

DSC08509.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Is depicted as Westland Whirlwind XJ 398, built in 1957, used by company for engine test trials. Had various types fitted including the GE T.58 which it has here in my model. This Whirlwind survives today at the Aeroventure museum at Doncaster, UK & is occasionaly started up!

Hope you like, it will be a Father's day present, as it was one of the 1st helicopters my father worked on at Westlands.

w15.jpg

w14.jpg

w12.jpg