What did you see today?

C-130 made an appearance today. Flew over my house at around 1300 hrs. Looked like he was either just passing over or leaving Vandenberg because he was at least 15,000 ft.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123
Those same two Vipers are here at McConnell, right now. The funny thing is that they are carrying 138th FW Tulsa ANG travelpods on the right side. John and I were scratching our heads when we saw them. Are they loaner jets, or loaner pods?

Jeff

They were transferred to the 138FW due to BRAC, but the folks in Tulsa have not yet repainted them into their own markings.

The 132FW is converting to Block 30s.

Jake

I heard a Helicopter coming so I ran outside and noticed it was an AH-64D Longbow. So as they flew over I waved at them and the pilot banked the helicopter really steep and did three tight descending turns right over me on my front lawn until he was about 300 ft!! Then he waved the winds/stub wings, and flew off towards Ft. Hood. IT WAS SOO COOL!!! I was surprised they even saw me because they flew over at about pattern altitude (1500ft at my airport) before descending. It sucks though because the cameras were inside and I didn't want to leave because I was hoping there would be a slight chance they would land :angry:

SLICK

Was on the crew bus to go fly the morning local ( KC-10 at Travis) and what is on the ramp a TU-154 with yuri gargarin cosmonaut school written on the sides . I think it was shuttling the START verification team here for some visits to different sites.

Scott

Yesterday afternoon I was in the back and I had 2 AH-64s come over at tree-top level!

Want to hear about bad-timing? ;) ........ I had just put away my camera. :cheers::explode:

Always nice to hear -64s in the air!

I got treated to a CGAS Mobile HH-65C buzzing us at Destin Commons yesterday. Came over at about 300ft AGL and did a couple 360 turns over the mall before heading back west. Thankfully we were outside eating lunch, but my camera was in the car!

Jon

I walked out of the hangar and there were 2 F-15E's flying over, one E-model turning final, an HH-60 across ther runway going to their shelter to the right, a C-130 departing Mildenhall to the left of me, and a bird flying around the hangar behind me.

Normal day at Lakenheath.

JMC

I also saw the Indian ERJ Koen :cheers: Nice one as I planned to go to Brussels and heared from Toon that you guys saw this bird... Our releaf was great and as a bonus we saw C-40 02-0202 also.

And before our visit to brussel we went over to the local Pampa shooting range and we saw this... In Belgium...

IMG_9497-editAPCS2_1200.jpg

Greetings

Had to drive by (no stop, working) CFB Trenton today......

4 (maybe 5) CC-150 Polaris (one landing 1 taking off)

a whole bunch (at least 10) CC-130 Hercs, one doing touch and go's

1 CH-149 Cormorant

a couple CH-146 Griffens (one in SAR colours)

Nice to know we still have an air force.

<_< Just had an E3 Sentry fly twice over Maidstone at about 5.000ft, first time inbound to the Biggin Hill Air Show, and then outbound having done it's display, great sight and sound. :

cheers:

Robin.

Night time flights of TuAF F-4E; only the anticollision beacons and afterburners were visible :)

And of course the sound... GOD, was i near to fall asleep hearing the lullaby :)

Best regards,

Seen here at Whidbey today (02JUN07)

3 C-5B's (one from Dover, 1 from Travis, and 1 from McChord)

1 Jarhead KC-130F

1 Jarhead CH-53E

Coastie HH-60 Jayhawk

Edited by A6BSTARM