What did you see today?

That prop with the canards looks very unique.

It certainly got my attention. Pusher turboprops have a really weird sound, too. That's what made me look up - I usually ignore the civilian stuff.

Do they sell 'em to civilians? Pretty sure the Italian Air Force isn't doing much over north Texas right now...the one I saw was on approach to Love Field.

Yes, they do sell them to civilians. There is one based here at Republic Airport (FRG) that I see all the time. Still haven't gotten any good pictures of it yet. And it does have a unique sound, I can always tell when one is nearby.

HI

Kingston had its annual community "services" day. The OPP, Kingston Police, NY State Troopers, Kingston Fire Department and DND all had displays. The local flying club was offering flights over the city to raise money for local charities.

Here are the two wingy thingies that participated (other than the flying club aircraft):

OPP

8Sep07042.jpg

427 SOAS CH-146 GRIFFON

8Sep07004.jpg

Tom

Thats definately a F-5. Wish I knew he was at Moffett. There were 2 C-17's at Moffett but by the afternoon I just saw one bird on the ANG ramp

Yup maybe a Navy one? Hope there are some interesting catches like that when I'm up there in a couple weeks! :thumbsup:

:D today at Williamtown, 2 Hornets take off and 1 Hawk and 7 Hornets and 2 Hawks landing. Also landing a RAAF Beech Super King Air navigation trainer , a Saab 340 and a Norfolk Air early model 737 (like low bypass engines and noisey and smokey). I originally went up to see if I could get some shots of a Meteor that was rumoured to be flying up from Temora to do a flyover at George Hale's funeral in Queensland on Wednesday.

Cheers,

Ross.

Spotted from the window in work, happened to have the new camera in work trying to work out what all the buttons do before taking out to do some low level shooting over the next couple of days.

merlin.jpg

ok the pic isnt working, maybe the file is too large, Its just an augusta/westland Merlin.

Linky to the pic and some of my other stuff.

Edited by adecore
Spotted from the window in work, happened to have the new camera in work trying to work out what all the buttons do before taking out to do some low level shooting over the next couple of days.

merlin.jpg

ok the pic isnt working, maybe the file is too large, Its just an augusta/westland Merlin.

Linky to the pic and some of my other stuff.

:cheers:

I tried to give every one a heads up. In fact I was hoping somebody would have given me an invite down to Moffett to get photos. Hint Hint. :doh:

I second the hint lol gotta find *something* to do for the two weeks I'm in Cali :cheers:

Oh yeah! If only I could get close enough to take photos. I have a model I need to finish and I'd like to number it to match one of the AN-124s that visits Moffett once in a while.

When I get out there in a couple weeks I'll see if my ANG buddy can hook us up...