What did you see today?

Typhoon and Tempest............no.......... SERIOUSLY :taunt:

Typhoon II out of RAF Coningsby and the fuselage of a Hawker Tempest on the trailer of a truck!!

(Heading west along the A158 in Lincolnshire)

Also a couple of "Fins" out of Coningsby.

:(

Lets see.......more F-16's than I wanted to count, a few A-10's, half a doz. C-130's, C-5, Tornado's ( the aircraft not the weather phenomenen) and a lone KC-135R. Its been a slow day......seriously.

:) Nothing yet today, too early in the morning. Yesterday, however was a different story. For about an hour we had a "copper chopper" cruising around in lazy circles over our suburb. A student at a local school had gone beresk. Ironically, the school was where I went to primary school and is now a school for students with special needs. Just as ironically, in the old school grounds where we used to spend our recess and lunchtimes is now a multi million dollar multistory police station, about 50 metres from where this incident occurred.

Cheers,

Ross.

8x RAF Jaguars

2x RAF VC-10 Tankers

1x RAF C-130J Hercules

1x RAF C-17 Globemaster

1x CAF CC-130 Hercules

1x V-22 Osprey

1x CAF C-140 Aurora

4 x Alpha Jets - Top Aces

It happen to be an unusally good day at Halifax International. I happen to catch the Jaguars transitting through, Not sure if they were heading east or west but I herd they may have been at the recent Red Flag. There is a Naval exercise going on off the coast here in Nova Scotia which would explain the Alpha Jets. The Osprey has been in Nova Scotia all winter undergoing icing trials.

Will post photos when I get the film developed. Did have my point and shoot digital with me. here is a few teasers.

AlphaJet.jpg

RAFJaguarMarch82006copy.jpg

C-17Jaguar.jpg

Now wait a DARN MINUTE !!! I started this thread just to find out what may be flying around on a lazy March day, and all you guys tease me with "..a few F-15's..9 KC-135's" or how about "F-16's all day" and George near Fort Hood seeing a grey AH-64? I've never even seen an AH-64!! I think I opened a can of worms. And as far as Liberator 24, I got your short and a/c right here!!! LOL

F/A-18s, CH-46s, C-130s, CH-53Es, S-3s and the occasional UC-12. Same as always. (Yawn) Oh wait was that a C-17? Nope, just a C-5. :D

Nothing today but for the last week or so, the 131st has sure picked up on their ACM training including at night, always cool to see Eagle Burners at night !!!

Gregg

Well, being an aircraft mechanic I bump (sometimes literally) into all kinds of stuff. I always see the usual CRJ-200, CRJ-700, EMB-145,EMB-170, DC-9's,and Airbus' on the airline side of the airport. On the corporate/g.a. side Lears, Citations, Gulfstreams, and all kinds prop jobs. I miss seeing the military stuff though. For what I worked on today : EMB-170, CRJ-700, Lear 24, Beech 58 Baron, and a Cessna 182.

I saw two AH-64s today. One on the ground and one zipping by me in the corridor at the same altitude, reciprocal heading! Almost watched him more than my own instruments! Saw some Blackhawks doing low level work about 800 feet below me, and with all of the TH-67s in the air, it looked like the friggin Battle of Britain! Oh, and I forgot to mention the LUH Contenders (MD900 and UH145), CH-47D and the gaggle of hueys sitting on the ramp too...

Edited by Cobrahistorian

If it makes you feel better, I think the Robin I saw was sick. Might have bird flu. :cheers:

The only other thing I got to see is about 150 rearend holes. :thumbsup: Literally....massive searches at work today. Well the only good part is I dont really have to look up the holes.....I supervise.

No aircraft.....No fancy helicopters......Just a sickly bird and a whole bunch of rearend.

Hope I made you feel better....Joy, bliss, and merryment be mine. ;)

"REAR"end holes????? Thats sure not what I typed. And I thought I was being polite as it was....

Lets see....I didnt type ***.. I typed but t.

FF,

The ESSS (External Stores Support System) wings are removable on the Blackhawk. Depending on the mission the unit flies, they may or may not have them mounted. In my short time I haven't seen any troop-carriers using them, but a LOT of medevac birds with them. I can't really say much more, as I'm not on a 'Hawk track and don't know much more about em!

Believe me, I know how you feel! I was in grad school and had several friends in the military. Just got sick of hearing all of the cool stuff they were doing, so I joined up, got my commission and now I'm flying!

Friday, I saw a C-5 Galaxy perform an aborted takeoff, couldn't get up the speed.

Also saw three F-15E's come in and park in front of the AV-8 hangar on the AV-8 line at Cherry Point with a bunch of orange suited personnel grouped around them. Strange they weren't in the transient area.

Thanks,John, thanks alot!

If it makes you feel any better FF, the C-5s were actually on Monday. The S-3s were a couple weeks ago when there was a carrier off the coast.

It would be hard to miss all the other USMC stuff where I work and reside. A lot of other folks would also see the same aircraft around here on a daily basis, if they ever bothered to look skywards. It's funny to see folks go to the park across the street to watch the Blue Angels do thier thing. It's funnier still to watch other folks at the SAME park who never even looked at the shiny blue & yellow jets screaming directly over thier heads.

To think some locals care so vocal about the noise from the helos and jets. (What? I know they're wearing cammies and the birds are in low-viz, but how could they not notice the military installation that has been here since WW2?) Imagine how much they'd complain if the louder Harriers or Prowlers were here instead of helos, Hercs, and Hornets.

I saw a cutaway TH-67 this morning... sitting in class... taking another exam...

Having the helicopter IN the room with you does help a bit though. It isn't really"open book". More like "open helo"

Fort,

Can you hold on till the weekend, and I will have more to talk about from the Titusville Warbird show. Right now, it is just a bunch a mangy cats going poo in the front flower bed I just redid.

Hey, you want anything from the show??

Folks, if you are in CentFlor this weekend, TECO airshow on the coast!! :rofl: :lol:

Not much happening at Majors Field, Greenville, Tx today because we have a direct cross wind of 20 kts gusting to over 40 kts, but I did have an "unmarked" VC-32 come through this morning going to the L3 end of the field. The only marks on it were the "United States Air Force" on the fuselage and the serial number on the tail. Typically on weekdays here I get to see RC-135U Rivet Joints, RC-135S Cobra Ball and the occasional VC-9C. Every so often we'll get the odd foreign A/C in here such as RAF E-3s, Nimrods, RNZAF C-130H and P-3Cs and very rarely a German Navy Breguet Atlantiqe. And I'm not allowed to take pictures.