What did you see today?

Currently being treated to a dogfight, courtesy of the USAF. Kickin back with a beer and watching the action.

We get the Lakenheath Eagles once a year round these parts for training. Tonight is fighter night.

Apologies for the dark photo, i was a bit rushed, these F15's don't really let you know they're coming until they are right on top of you. :D

LH15e.jpg

I took my little boy down to Tucson International this morning to see the Collings Foundation Bombers. They were flying until 11 AM, and then we were able go aboard the B-17, B-24 and B-25. Sammy had a blast.

While we were waiting, at least a dozen AZ Vipers graced the pattern as well as a Sky Harbor KC-135R that shot approaches for an hour. And . . . of course the usual buffet of airliners doing their daily comings and goings from the Old Pueblo.

I'll post some photos on Wednesday.

ATB -

- Rip -

I watched and listened from my house as 2 F-16's from the Montana ANG flew over the airport. They only did one flyover and were gone. I wanted more. I still enjoyed it though.

Joel

OK . . . I promised pictures and I'm gonna' deliver pictures.

As previously noted in this posting, the Collings Foundation B-17, B-24 and B-25 are in Tucson (17 - 19 April) and I took my son down to visit the bombers on Tuesday morning. The airport was very busy, and we were able to watch over a dozen AZ ANG F-16s, a Sky Harbor KC-135R and many commercial/civil aircraft in addition to the CF bombers.

The first shot was a lucky one that gives an idea of just how busy things were:

Last one - the Sky Harbor (Phoenix) ANG KC-135R on one of it's many approaches.

Sammy and I had a blast - and I'm glad I enjoy airplanes almost as much as he does!

ATB -

- Rip -

Two F-18Ds parked amongst the Harrier squadrons for three days now. They come out once every day and start them up and run them for about 20 minutes, then shut them down. They both have five drop tanks on them.