What did you see today?

In Atlanta yesterday and saw an E-2C Hawkeye in the pattern at Dobbins ARB. Pretty cool as I had never seen a Hawkeye in the air!! Just upset that I didn't have my camera with me.

Jim

Saw a CH-47D yesterday on the line at Martin State with rotors running-took off shortly thereafter. Drove by later that evening and this morning, and there is a pint-sized T-34C turbo mentor sitting on the line next to the gigantic Hogs-looks cool!

Sean,

Sounds like the LUH test aircraft. Very cool!

Jon

Jon,

It's registered to a local company. It's so new that according to Transport Canada the registration came into effect the day AFTER I saw it. :banana: Sweet looking machine.

Cheers,

Sean

Saw another pair of warbirds go over - I think one was the museum's F-4u Corsair, with what may have been a T-6 Texan off its wing - but I only got a glimpse of these two. The Corsair ID is from the shape of the nose and engine cowl...

And it turns out that the B-17 I saw back on 18 June was the Liberty Belle, not Chuckie.

Edited by BAM'n'IVM

Seen on the weekend, actioning forest fires in Northern Alberta:

2 x CL-215T

2 x CL-415 (on loan from Quebec)

1 x Bell 205 helicopter (Helitac rappel crew)

1 x Aerospatiale AStar helicopter

Keith

A formation of 7 helicopters just overflew my house at low lovel, (some Mangusta and Hueys and a Chinook). I had seen the same Chinook also yeasterday. They are probably going to a Eliexpo that's not far from here. Maybe tomorrow I'll go there too.

Yuri

Edited by Yuri

:whistle: Sorry to be late, yesterday had a M-H Broussard fly over Maidstone in the direction of Biggin Hill, very rough engine noise, sounds like a Harvard.

:banana:

Robin.

I was at the Yeovilton air show yesterday, when the display Tornado made a fairly loud bang and the back end caught fire. Not sure exactly what happened, but here is a shot. I suspect there may have been fuel in the tail pipe but I cannot be sure on that.

fire1.jpg

The rest of the show had a lot of stuff, with the Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, Army Air Corps, Belgian Air Force, and the French Navy taking part, including a Rafale.

Went to a small heli-show today. After having seen a Chinook overflying my house for 2 days and having read that the show was free I decided to give it a try, even if jets are more interesting!

It was mostly an Italian Army Helos show: a couple of Chinooks, some A-129 Mangusta, a NH-90 and a number of Hueys versions and sub versions (AB-205, 206, 212, 412 and so on). But it was interesting because you could get INSIDE the static park: I got stunned by the amount of piping inside the Chinook tail, under the aft rotor. Also I never imagined the A-129 was so agile, the air display was stunning.

Btw, there were also some "extras" such as the air display of a Fire-Figthing Canadair and a Su-31M that did an impressive air display: the guy was cool indeed and did also an upside down flat spin (12 turns before recovering, but seems his record is 52).

Even if there was nothing special from the aerobatics point of view (just a couple of low passes and tight turns), the most impressive, and loudest, air display was made by an F-16 ADF of the Italian Air Force based in Cervia (have I already said that I like jets? :D ) The guy was making a low level pass when he lit the burner and climbed out of sight! Great.

The only bad thing was the speaker: unbearable. I just hoped for a plane to lose a tire and hit him just to shut him up! :)

Also the final fly-by of 10 helos at the sound of the Ride of the Valkyrie was a bit above the limit of bad taste, but luckily they didn't drop napalm over us :)

What did I see today? Well, about a billion Piper Cubs. This weekend is the "Cub Fly-In" at Lompoc Airport. Every year hundreds of these things fly here for a big ol' weekend party. Drive by the airport and look out on the tarmac...it's a sea of yellow out there. Really cool to see!

I saw a AS332 VIP Super Puma of the Mexican Air Force (Presidential Transport Group)...don't had my camara today with me...amazing, hehehe :whistle:

Edited by THUD

Just had two f-14s rip over my house @1915. had to of been from thePittsburgh airshow maybe. They were at 12- 15000 with the wings back and scootin to boot..... barely heard the low rumble before they roared overhead real loud shaking every thing. Love the TURKEY.. Thanks VF-31 for the breif show!

Morgantown WV

Home of the Couch Fire