What did you see today?

Well it wasn't exactly an airplane. Had the privilege to see the USS Harry Truman sail into the Chesapeake today.

We saw her from our hotel room on Virginia Beach, so we jumped in the car and made a quick trip up to the pier on the Chesapeake Bay-Bridge.

It was an impressive sight, and a unique chance to see her in her natural element.

Well...what did I see today? I'm not exactly sure. It was 1 of 2 types of a/c...either a C-17 or a C-5. It disappeared behind the tree line behind my house pretty quick, so all I had time to ID was 4 engines and the vertical/horizontal stab configuration was that of a C-5 or -17.

Well...what did I see today? I'm not exactly sure. It was 1 of 2 types of a/c...either a C-17 or a C-5. It disappeared behind the tree line behind my house pretty quick, so all I had time to ID was 4 engines and the vertical/horizontal stab configuration was that of a C-5 or -17.

It was a KC-135. It flew over my house a couple of times.

Edited by Super Hornet 88

Two flights of WWII warbirds, I could only make out 2 '51's and a '47 before they got to far away, damn I need too get some Binoc's. They were flying the classic fingerfour.

Edited by PhantomPhoenix

Pretty much what I see every day...

An AS-355 Twinstar, a Bell 206 Jet Ranger, a Schweizer 300C, and later I will se a 408 Sqn Griffin...

They are even bringing me a hat (like i did not have enough of them... lol

:o

I just saw the weirdest of things.

I went to lunch and saw a jet taking off from Civil Aviation at BWI. It looks like a white Lear Jet with a pointy nose. thought it was weird, but hey, I work at BWI so I thought nothing of it, thought it was just another jet.

But when i came back, the same jet was flying low, heading my direction, then i realized it was being chased by another very similar jet, like a Lear Jet with a pointy nose, but this other one was overall grey with one long blue line on port side, did not see starboard.

they made a scissors pass at each other and must have come within 100 yards from each other (i could see both in detail, they were about 1000 feet above me and the airport, and from my view point i though they were going to colide). they did this criss cross thing, then the white jet flew south, got it's landing gear out, and took a VERY tight turn, and lined up for the runway into BWI (the runway for the big jets. civil aviation uses another runway). And the gray one also got it's gear out and also lined up on the same runway.

then they both landed, one behind the other on the same runway. they made a real loud noise on landing, but they landed ok.

mind you, this happened in an area of about 0.5 mile x 0.5 mile.

i checked, no there is no circus in town, and no airshow scheduled at BWI either.

no clue of what that was all about, but this coworker of mine and i thought they were going to crash right on top of us.

weird and cool at the same time.

Shark

Edited by Shark

Very low flying over town, a C-130....but it did not look like it was Canadian.

Looked like fresh paint, green or VERY dark grey with a yellow square on the tail. Quiet for a Herc too. Could not see national markings.

Yesterday (Friday) we witnessed not one, but two C-130's doing touch and go's at Modesto Airport. One Hercules was a U.S.C.G. out of Sacramento and the other was Fat Albert.

Fat Albert was practicing for the California International Airshow in Salina's today and tomorrow (and probably for Fleet Week in San Fran).

The headline in the Modesto Bee read 'Big Blue Bird in The Sky"

Very cool to see them both.