What did you see today?

I saw an EA-6B from up at Cherry Point in the pattern about 1030 this AM , and later around noon I saw a P-3 Orion doinig fly-by's, and the usual F/A-18A+(s), C's and D's that call this place home

Pretty blustery over here in Georgia, too. Had an E-2 come in overhead on final just as I got home from work. He was all over the place in the gusts. Couldn't have been a comfortable ride, though I'm sure those guys have been through much worse at sea.

;)

Liberator,

Roger that! Hasn't stormed yet, but we were getting 36kt gusts today. Hope it'll be better tomorrow. Need to get back up in the air. I'm missing the museum too! I drive past it every day, but I worked there for January and half of February! Designed the new WWII Helicopter exhibit and did a bunch of research while I was there. Guess that MA in Museum Science came in handy for the Army after all!

Eight F-16s making a wonderfully noisey departure along the cloud capped Catalina Mountains at 20:15 last evening. Most likely the Tucson ANG, but it could have been our Snowbird visitors performing a night-time mission. My little boy and I ran out side to watch the many randomly flashing strobes, occasionally blinking in unison in the dark sheltering sky and listened to the slowly fading distant thunder of our evening Vipers.

ATB -

- Rip -

Thank you...SEAN! :D For posting something you saw today...

smilies-41423.png

~sigh~ I'm not anywhere near an airport, so all I can do is drool over the pics everyone else posts up.

Meanwhile, back at FF's computer you hear the sound of -

"AAAAAAARGH!!!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!? I'VE CREATED A MONSTER!!!!!" :D

Just more F/A-18s, CH-46s, & CH-53Es again today....

Thank you...SEAN! :D For posting something you saw today...

smilies-41423.png

~sigh~ I'm not anywhere near an airport, so all I can do is drool over the pics everyone else posts up.

Are you fromt he San Diego area John? if you are....YOU LUCKY _____(insert random curse word)

FF,

I don't know if the prototype is up and running yet, but that SOUNDS like the new P-3 replacement which is based on the 737.

Saw the inside of my cockpit today... for about ten minutes before we got the weather call. Just as I was about to start her up too.... :blink:

Did see an AH-64A today, which was cool. They're practically extinct around here.

Liberator,

There are not A models at Ft. Rucker anymore. Any AH-64A training is done out at WAATS (Western Army Aviation Training Site) in Arizona with the AZ ARNG. Since the Guard is the only operator of the Alpha, transition and training was handed over to the Guard completely. Of course, that makes things difficult for guys like me, who are Guard Apache guys going through flight school. In five months I'll be starting the Longbow course here at Rucker, will get qualified in the airframe, get my wings and then will have to go out to WAATS at some point (getting a slot out there is EXTREMELY difficult) to transition to the Alpha before I can deploy with my unit anywhere. Since my brigade is supposed to deploy shortly after I get out of here, I may not be qualified to fly the aircraft they have! Keeping my fingers crossed that they'll bump up our Longbow conversion to before we head to the sandbox.

FF,

Could be. We used to get an unmarked, light gray 707 coming in to Lubbock Airport when I was in grad school. It was clearly military (gee, who else still operates the 707-type airframe?) and it would do touch and gos and traffic patterns for hours on end and then just fly off... I always thought it was an E-6 TACAMO, but could never confirm it.

Edited by Cobrahistorian
Cobra,a P-3 replacement? Why would it be flying around the Great Lakes region, we ain't got no enemy subs 'round these parts!! :rofl: Seriousely, that may well be. Last year there was an air force Electronic Warfare plane doing touch and goes there. Maybe they use that county airport as a designated "military practice" area?

Now we, Canadians, know where to stick our submarines. :lol:

Yeah, we got the Royal Canadian Navy Seals too. :rofl:

waterbugs.JPG

Only problem is we gotta train 'em and they don't last once the cold-weather sets in. They die of hypothermia.

Thanks Cobra! The folks keep talking about how the politicians are trying to screw up the #1 Kick-Tail helicopter training base in the world. I had a heart-attack thinking that they might be doing something dumn, yet agaain.

Thanks!!! :rofl:

p.s.: My 5year old daughter flew in a chopper today in Titusville for her first flight in the air, some high rotor tourist ride. She went nuts!!! Taken to the air just like her old man!!!

Edited by Liberator24