What did you see today?

This was actually yesterday, but I walked out from class and almost got landed on by a Lot 6 Longbow.

Well... ok, he was a couple hundred yards away, but he landed right next to the parking lot where I was parked. Went over and took a look and spoke to the front seater. Four more months, lads!

Like a ghost floating above, haunting the clear azure blue skies of mid America, the ominus white bird turned lazy circles at will over the grassy sand dunes of Nebraska. Nearly silent and stealthy, its graceful form hid the awesome power that lay within its belly. Its talons of war tucked away, but never out of reach. Its mind ever vigilent, its senses ever listening, it soared aloft in quiet practice.....

tacamo.jpg

I sawr an E-6 TACAMO!

Rick L.

Like a ghost floating above, haunting the clear azure blue skies of mid America, the ominus white bird turned lazy circles at will over the grassy sand dunes of Nebraska. Nearly silent and stealthy, its graceful form hid the awesome power that lay within its belly. Its talons of war tucked away, but never out of reach. Its mind ever vigilent, its senses ever listening, it soared aloft in quiet practice.....

I sawr an E-6 TACAMO!

Rick L.

Rick L. Getting a bit flamboyant in your descriptions, eh? Me, I saw absolutely nothing aeronautical...but I did see this. :wasntme: Since it's never been around for quite some time up here, I've forgotten what it is. What is this big glowing sphere???? What's it called?

123412147_a130f642f6.jpg

When you're shooting up into that thing, I need to underexpose it because otherwise, all I'm getting is a BIG blasted GLARE in the exposure. :blink:

Edited by The_Animal

Driving home from a job interview I once again spotted the Cavanaugh Flight Museum's OV-1 Mohawk on approach to the airport. This time I was in the car and relatively close to the airport, so I drove over and parked in the musuem's parking lot, and spent 10 minutes watching through the fence while they put the Mohawk back in the hangar.

Well, since I couldn't sleep and I had to get up early anyway, I thought I'd take a drive out to the local airport and see what, if anything was in. Apparently, I missed 2 VFC-12 F-18's and a CH-53 earlier in the week, which would have been cool to see. Anyway, when I drove through, there was to my surprise, a single F-15C parked on the ramp. Would have been even cooler if I had my camera. The guy that was working the gate to the general aviation let me in to have a close look.

F-15's are pretty cool!!

But not as cool as tomcats!

Edited by VF-103guy
Anyway, when I drove through, there was to my surprise, a single F-15C parked on the ramp. Would have been even cooler if I had my camera. The guy that was working the gate to the general aviation let me in to have a close look.

No camera??? Well, isn't that like catching a fish "This Big??" :)

When I was out on my run I saw a CF-18 fly over Diefenbader/Saskatoon airport and head East. I lost site of him, and then I picked him up again as he shot the approach to 27 he did a low pass over the field and it was off back to Cold Lake.

I think there was two Harvard IIs also, heading back to Moose Jaw.

cheers

Mark

One of Westjet's old -200's was on the south ramp. My guess is they're donating it to BCIT for their aviation courses. I used to hate it having to fly on the older 200's, now I get excited about seeing one. Go figure.