What did you see today?

I saw the Blue Angels today. Ah, but wait, that's every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Aside from the standard T-6's, T-2's, T-1's, and T-39's, we had a VMAQ-4 Prowler on the ramp, along with a T-38 and a T-37. The Helo side of the ramp had a CH-46 and an SH-60B. I was also in the pattern with a Viking the other day. We did a few touch n go's and he was bouncing as well...then he departed (back to Jax I assume). Talk about pressure to sound cool on the radio!

Mike

I just saw a Canadian CC-130 take off from the local airport. Have not seen ANYTHING military around here in a long LONG time.

No idea why he was here or the tail number, stupid grey on grey paint.

Same stuff as yesterday but this time I had some rain instead of better weather.... ah well good for the photography skills I guess. Here's a shot or two taken in the grey soup that covered Volkel today:

IMG_11038.jpg

IMG_11136.jpg

IMG_10991.jpg

IMG_11037.jpg

IMG_10959.jpg

And finally proof that Vipers [suck :thumbsup:

IMG_10945.jpg

Koen

A day late but... yesterday a couple of T-38's from Whiteman AFB doing touch & go's, and a C-17 from McGuire AFB took off. The C-17 had been here in KC for a couple days.

Dave J

Lots of F-16's from the 181st FW in Terre Haute, IN thanks to our own "Phantom II"

Thanks Dave! :D

Anytime!I'm always willing to show off our units aircraft.Next time your in town,I won't forget to bring my camera!It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and have you on our flightline. :)

I see a British Apache helicopter every day for a few more weeks. No.. I am not in the UK, but I am doing security for the British guys while they are not in the hangar to work on the helicopter.

Here we go.......

Managed to get out to Smyrna, Tn. yesterday and catch a couple of TN ANG C130's doing touch and go's at dusk. Playing around with the camera and got a pretty cool result.

I Oman Air Force Skyvan

2 Oman Air Force F-16's

1 Oman Air Force Jaguar

1 RAF C-130

A slow day today. Major exercise coming up end of the month.

Edited by Rhino53

My oldest son and I went to Duxford today. We saw a Percival Pembroke fly, four Flybabys fly, Tiger Moth fly, Pitts Special fly, Cessna 421 fly, looked in the hangar where the Fighter Collection keeps there planes AND went for a ride in a Dragon Rapide.

JMC

First aircraft today was this BAC 1-11 of the Oman Air Force.

Also today was this C17A from McCord.

And this CC-130J from the Rhode Island ANG.

Also, there was a C-12 in, but I couldn't get a shot.