What did you see today?

About 3 pm today I saw a WB-57 launching out of Miramar and immediately turning north. Shortly after that I saw 2 F/A-18s (with 2 1000lb LGBs each) launching out of Miramar and immediately turning north.

So captive Sidewinders are just to get the feel and look of having something that does go "zoom" and "boom" on your wingtip?

They're more like 1/1 scale models of real AIM-9s but without the stuff that does the "zoom-ing" and "boom-ing" inside.

TR-1

F-4E just a quick glimps between buildings, but it had an over-all light Gull Grey paint, not your standard gunship grey, I was hoping it would make a 2nd pass but no such luck.

Then I saw the 747 "Mistel" Space Shuttle carrier.

Curt

Today was a busy day...

Esquadrilha da Fumaça ( Brazilian demonstration team ) training

T-27 Tucano ( flight day )

A-29 Super Tucano

C-130 ( friends going home )

Emb-110 Bandeirante ( C-95 )

Emb-120 Brasilia ( C-97 )

ERJ-145 ( ... now, I was going home ... ) :P

Hugo,

It was actually over Burnaby doing some promotion for Bell - I saw it during my commute to work. I'm sure it will be all over the Lower Mainland in due time.

Cheers,

Sean

Saw a Bell-Jet Ranger (don't know if it was VPD or not) and the same Bell Blimp that Sean Bratton saw, albeit over Vancouver downtown this time...and yes...Sean. I GOT A PIC! :lol: ~smug grin~ :P

Edited by The_Animal
So captive Sidewinders are just to get the feel and look of having something that does go "zoom" and "boom" on your wingtip?

A CATM-9 has no rocket motor, but does have the seeker so it provides training without having to be armed/rearmed or run the risk of having one shot by accident (it has happened more than once and actually resulted in loss of aircraft).

Some aircraft (like F/A-18) fly better with AIM-9 on wingtips.

Well lets start with, 1x A330-300, 1x A340-300, 1x 767-200, 7x 767-300.

Yesterday was a 767 day for me so I worked about 3 of the 8 above mentioned 767's including the one -200.

It was my first day back and my first flight was a doozie. Aircraft arrived with a bad APU... which normally isn't a problem cause we will plug in the electrical. But this aircraft had a U/S recepticle also. Had to run the engines till all the PAX disenbarked then shut down the engines and manually open the cargo doors and push the containters off the plane to unload as the PDU's (power drive units) did not have any power.

I survived.... :D

:lol:

Emil

Canadian Sea King 406 from 443 Squadron in Victoria B.C. This was shot from my deck in the backyard as he was on final to the heli-pad at the Nanaimo Regional General Hospital. Shot on April 18, 2006.

From what I know, we're safe. The Army doesn't want a thing to do with it. The Air Force class here at Rucker graduated today, so there was a nice display out on the ramp. Had a Spec Ops UH-1N in Frog camo with air commando stripes on the tail, a TH-1H, T-6A, and the CV-22B (although it was in USMC training squadron markings and had a composite USAF/USMC crew)

The Osprey was cool to see up close, but with an exhaust plume like that on startup, they're gonna have a rough time in combat!

While Jogging at work I looked across the bay @ notrh Island and saw 2 an-124's 1 C-17 doing touch and turnarounds, not touch and go's, turnarounds, a desert painted HH-60H and a Mc-130P take off, sorry no pictures.

Edited by ThunderGrunt

I was overflown by a Herc 2 Saturdays ago ... and on Sunday I was overflown by Marine 1 (or a decoy) when I went to DC. Went right over me while driving down Florida Ave.

Shark

Busy day today.

First a Polar Air Cargo 747 Freighter, then a RAF Hercules C.5, a RAFO BAC 1-11, then a RAF C-17A, then a Tristar. Photos tomorrow.

Due in this evening, are 10 RAF Jaguars, for the historic last deployment to Oman. :rolleyes: <_< 10 are due, any guesses on how many make the trip? :wave:

The RAFO BAC 1-11 brought 16 1/72nd scale Hasegawa F-4C/D's for me. Early Christmas. :D :D