What did you see today?

mh-53 seriously low, havent seen one in these parts for a good few years, also it was curiously quiet on aproach, normally you can hear anything with a rotor come down this valley from a few miles away, but this was one me practically before I knew it was there. Didnt get a tailcode or number so I have no idea where it came from, not entirely sure on the numbers based here in the UK, if any.

Bright yellow SAR Sea King flew over the house yesterday, dashed to get the camera - no batteries!!!! By the time I'd located them and put them in she was disappearing over the horizon :lol:

As I sit here at work typing this, I'm looking out the window at a bunch of shiny blue F-18s tearing up the sky.

The Blue Angels are here!!!

Last day at work before three days of airshow fun :blink:

:cheers:

A CH-47 just flew over fairly low...low enough to make out some panel lines and such, but not low enough to make out any insignia or markings against the dark green...

Last night my wife and I are driving to dinner. We see a helicopter fly over the highway very low and doing some turns. Then he starts descending over the road. I actually thought he was going to land in the middle of 6 lanes of traffic. I started braking. Well, he didn't land, he climbed back up and flew over near this shopping center. He had a search light so maybe a police heli? That's strange because this is a relatively small city and didn't know we had those here.

And today coming out of Home Depot a fairly low but very fast EA-6 flew over. Those engines sounded awesome.

Oh, and this was my 100th post on here. Oh yeah, who wants to touch me.

Edited by desilva6

We had 12 DM A-10's on the ramp today, along with one VFA-41 F/A-18F. The A-10's were taxiing out as I left base, but they left all of their external fuel bags on the ramp, so I'm assuming they will be returning some time again later. Quite a sight to see all those A-10's in San Diego though!

Im driving to work after a pick up at Tim Hortons, in the middle of Gorway Rd, just under highway 427 was a CRASHED AIRLINER, jet engine in the median, destroyed cars and luggage everywhere, pavement torn up, OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!

It was one heck of a movie set, using all real stuff for some British movie. Elmo!!!!! Is THIS what you do with peoples luggage? Not sure about the type of plane as only the tail section was still in one piece. Had what looked like a round all blue union jack as tail markings.

Apparently people had been phoneing the news services for a while now telling them about the crashed jet. From Goreway its obvious, mainly due to all the workers and the pylons blocking half the road. But I'll bet it looks pretty real from the 427 or 409.

a low flying, lumbering, slow, gray, BEAUTIFULL C130!!!!! do not ask the version/tail code, etc.

I was driving to the bank and it went right over my head, it looked gooooooooooooooooddddddd!!!!!

shark

Something of a first for me today, an NH90 closely followed by an Alouette. Not sure where they were going but they were heading west a few miles north of the River Thames in Essex.

Bibay,

Who let you out of the lab?! Or did you knock out a section of the wall to put in a day-night indicator?

Nice. Had a "Doctor's appointment". :banana: Doc said I'm still LIMA-DELTA/ BRAVO-DELTA. Went by the Hook office to pick up a CD, stopped by the casa and then went back to work :(

It's an airshow every day....

Yesterday and today I saw the 'Aluminum Overcast' a restored B-17 at Sky Trek Aviation in Modesto (MOD), it's been flying over our house every 45 minutes landing and taking off.

And today I again saw the USCG C-130 from USCGS Sacramento (this time I got pics of it... not great ones bu pics nonetheless)

USCG1C130.jpg

USCG2C130.jpg

USCG3C130.jpg

Edited by jagman

2 tiger moths. One in Canadian/ British training marks and the other white and red flying around Guelph Ontario this afternoon.

H-3 from the RCN, and a F-18E from what looked like VFA-122 suffer an engine fire. When I left work today, she was being pulled into an empty hangar by the transited line and the pilot was making a phone call home.

Saw two Blackhawks fly overhead today - they were flying out of Simmons Army Airfield (next to Ft. Bragg).

Matt B)