What did you see today?

Bomb'ed, sounds like either Wittering or Cottesmore, (Witt was my old stomping ground in the late '80's)

Today I mostly saw Israeli Air Force 707's of the tanker and elint variety, heading west later on today.

In addition to the rest of the exercise traffic, this Falcon 20 popped into the airfield for a quick visit. Note the pods. How many bizjets come this well equipped.

Flyingfortress

It sounds like an Airbus A340 possibly Virgin airways.

Do a quick search for A340 and that should get some pics so you can confirm that.

HTH

Today I only saw the local Ec 135 police helicopter flying low over my house. About a month ago when we were driving up to Liverpool to watch England v Uruguay 2 Harrier Gr7s flew very low over the motorway.

P.S England won !

I saw a CH-46, it took me a while to distinguish it from its larger brother the CH-47. Yesterday I saw a couple of C-130's out of Ashland, Ohio. They fly quite low over my neck of the woods. :thumbsup:

While doing some well needed Gardening on Friday i got buzzed by 2 Harrier GR.7's kinda rare where i am..

Inspired me to finish my Hase kit :lol:

Edited by Simon L

I'm driving I-70 across country:

4 181st FW F-16s around 1100 on a training mission from Hulman Field near Terre Haute, IN

and on the same trip a 17 mile detour to see Whiteman AFB

Brian

Edited by lockheed2004

To day i flew Nurenberg, Germany.

I saw a B-737/800 of Hpag-LLoyd which made a go-aroud due to a flap problem and after a while whatched its landing to RWY 10.

They said on their second approach to ATC that they will execute a left hand visual approach should there be another problem but nothing happened.

Listening them and watching them landing was an experience itself for me too.

With my best regards,

Went out of town for the weekend and I didn't have access until now, but on friday I saw an HH-56 Dolphin as part of the local Armed Forces Day Parade here, on saturday and sunday I saw a bunch of C-17s flying around Charleston (of course) and when I returned this afternoon, there were two T-45Cs at the local airport.

Yesterday I saw a C-17 over McGuire AFB in NJ as well as a KC-10. I work at an Airport so Civil Aviation stuff all day. But every once in a while we get an Anitov the 4 engine not the 6, the Russian C-5 in.

TC

Hi Tankcommander: the four engined Antonov is the AN-124 Ruslan (westerners call it a Condor). Here are some pic's to confirm it's the same one on Airliners.net: Link

Today a friend of mine hit a milestone. He started several years ago flying floatplanes, then Turboprops for a company called Bar XH (King Air 100, 200 and Jetstream). Then moved over to Sun West, and finally got on with Canadian North as a co-pilot on their new F-100. Today he took his final sim test, and I suspect it went very well as he's got a great head on his shoulders (he's in Texas for training, so I don't know the end result officially). Tonight I was out at the airport and happened to see one of Canadian North's F-28's on final for Runway 28, which puts them right behind the hangar Bar XH uses (you can see their Jetstreams and King Air 200 out front). So this pic is a tribute to all his hard work and is a good luck nudge for him...

WB

It sure is, I was on my way to Fort Dix to visit the firing range another Hobby. I work at good ole EWR Newark Liberty International Airport. I grew up in south Jersey and used to watch the 108th fly their F-105s over head.

TC