What did you see today?

F-105s! That's so cool. I'm 26 so my memories are limited to F-4's and a few NJANG F-106s. I assume you're talking about Range 14 right? I'm only five minutes away. I really should join.. It's nice to meet you! Welcome to ARC, it's a great bunch of people.

The usual traffic helicopters and single- and twin- engine prop jobs I see every day...I just want this page to fill up so I don't have to see that %@#&ing picture of Hasselhoff every time I open this thread. Lawman, you're an evil, evil person.

EDIT - hey, cool - looks like I got the thread over to page 32. Mission accomplished.

Edited by BAM'n'IVM
F-105s! That's so cool. I'm 26 so my memories are limited to F-4's and a few NJANG F-106s. I assume you're talking about Range 14 right? I'm only five minutes away. I really should join.. It's nice to meet you! Welcome to ARC, it's a great bunch of people.

Yes range 14 is a great place to shoot, got closed down by range fires though Sunday what a bummer, I nearly had my scope zeroed. I drive over an hour to get there it is really worth it, just like this site. Remember these from a few years ago.

TC

Wild Bill thats the one alright friggen huge. Its been In my airport at least 3 times.

That's pretty funny, because one of those was here in Calgary on Saturday! I was at a smaller airport outside Calgary and heard the tower controller say "if you want to see a really big airplane check out the approach to thirty-four at the international." I was on the ground so I couldn't see it, but headed over right away. They parked it behind a huge hangar so all people could see was the tail. :cheers:

EDIT - hey, cool - looks like I got the thread over to page 32. Mission accomplished.

Actually, I have my settings at 40 posts per page, so it's only 12 pages.... :wacko:

WB

I can't be sure, but I think I saw a JSTARS departing McGuire yesterday around 7:10pm. I only saw it from behind and below, but it was a 707 airframe, dark grey with no refueling boom and a large bump under the nose. Can anyone confirm this?

Three B-2s performing an aerial ballet over Tucson at 6 AM - Very Impressive - see separate post in the Real Aviation forum - with photos!

ATB -

Rip -

There was a Nimrod parked at Waddington today, and I caught a Tornado on finals at Marham yesterday. Cottesmore tomorrow, so hopefully I'll catcha glimpse of the Typhoon while I'm there.

Vince

My wife and I were going into a restaurant that is located off the south end of the NAS JRB Ft. Worth runway and a plane was turning on to final right above us, which is a bit unusual as the fighters tend to turn in closer to the runway from their normal pitch out and when the bombers and tankers were based here their turn to final was a tad further out, so as I looked up my jaw just about hit the ground, it was a MiG-17, oh those nice round wing tips, most have been coming in for the air show this weekend, man what a neat sight.. <_<

Regards

Jim Barr

Today I saw a AH64 Apache fly over my local park in Luton, Beds...

I have no idea why...we're not close to any military base but we do have London/Luton airport...

I was with my girlfriend at the time...she didn't appreciate the site as much as me :lol:

First time I've seen a military aircraft over my town for years.

My wife and I were going into a restaurant that is located off the south end of the NAS JRB Ft. Worth runway and a plane was turning on to final right above us, which is a bit unusual as the fighters tend to turn in closer to the runway from their normal pitch out and when the bombers and tankers were based here their turn to final was a tad further out, so as I looked up my jaw just about hit the ground, it was a MiG-17, oh those nice round wing tips, most have been coming in for the air show this weekend, man what a neat sight.. :cheers:

Regards

Jim Barr

Yup - the MiG is supposed to put on a demo for the airshow. You goin'?