What did you see today?

I saw a "T-38 looking" aircraft over my house. I'm kinda near a landing pattern at Tulsa International.

I'm not really familiar with T-38s and other such aircraft, but that is definitely what it looked like.

Sorry, no pics..

An MD 902 EXPLORER Helio flew over MY house just now....It is used by the Police Force .....In fact it is hovering near to MY house now as it searches for a possible car thief....its circling....Phew!

:blink:

this guy

DSC00643.jpg

You lucky B*tch :taunt: What a sight!

I had a weird moment today... There was only one spot of blue through the clouds. I parked over at a gas station. It was in the approach for Brussels airport and I heared an aircraft passing by. I looked to the blue spot and in once an Airbus A321 jumped out of the clouds and to my suprise I never saw that livery. Thinking what it was, I sat in my car for a moment and then I knew. It was the Lufthansa Retro jet. Never saw it before and just now in a 5 seconds flash in a small spot of blue sky made it a quite nice experience :)

For the rest of the day I looked most of the time to the wingframe of a Tipsy Trainer, which we are restoring to static condition in the museum of aviation in Brussels. As I am building a Belgian CH-34 and a Percival Pembroke, I took some walk arround pics from them. For the Choctaw I took some cabin shots and some cockpit shots from outside. For the Pembroke, I have a cockpit visit arranged for saturday the 21st and today I took some flap construction shots... quite simple though

well seeing as i dont have a digital camera i couldnt get pics today but maybe for the rest of the week i might be able too....a B-17 is apparently giving rides to paying customers on an aerial tour of Buffalo NY....the plane is overall BM and it has a diagonal yellow band accross the wing tips and a vertical yellow stripe on the tail and i think it has a giant J or T marking on the tail....i want to say its the Fuddy Duddy but im not too sure...

i found a pic of what was flying around...its the B-17 Liberty Bell.

b17-4485734-27.jpg

Edited by Kale

My wife and I were sitting out on our deck late last night and saw the ISS fly over. Went in and checked it out after the fact and saw we were right. Much dimmer than when it was attached to the shuttle, still cool though.

Jeff

a good day in entebbe,I saw this guy being towed out

DSC00752.jpg

then this guy taxiid by

DSC00745.jpg

he saw a bunch of us taking photos so then he gave us a show

DSC00747.jpg

Edited by dylan
I saw not one, but TWO Chinooks flying side by side very low and very fast from West to East. Even the wife was impressed. Damn,that was cool! (the choppers, not the wife)

Ah, I bet your wife is pretty cool too ! :D

Gregg

I was in my Pepsi truck and I could sense a low rumble. I shut off the motor and there it was, the disticnt sound of radial engines! I jumped out and there was a B-17G flying low. It went over to the airport then did a huge loop at an even lower altitude over town again! I got on the phone to the airport and asked if it landed. Unfortunately no, it made the two flybys then was heading to Oshkosh! RATS!!! No camera either. I was not on the correct side to see the nose art.

Unfortunately no, it made the two flybys then was heading to Oshkosh! RATS!!! No camera either. I was not on the correct side to see the nose art.

OOHH! I will see it then tell you the nose art. That is, if I can find it among all the other B-17's :thumbsup:

-Anyway, saw a Tramahawk!

SLICK

Edited by slick95

A little late, but on Saturday (July 14)the CWH Lancaster buzzed the Danforth area in Toronto. That was awesome!! And today I think I saw a CH-149. Are they flying again?

Saw this fly over my house this morning. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this a C-47? It is from the US Forest Service.

I was looking but it doesn't look like a fire bomber but maybe I am wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joel

01.jpg

05.jpg

Ok I know this is late, but Sunday afternoon I heard the beautiful pur of a multi-radial engined aircraft flying over so I ran outside like a sissy and looked up to see a B-17G flying right over my house heading South-ish. I had been on the phone with my wife at the time so I'm yelling at her that there's a B-17 flying over, the dog's going nuts because I'm running around like an idiot so he has no clue what the hell's going on, and all my wife says is "Oh...that's nice". I think her remark was more out of jealousy because she was at work and didn't get to see the B-17.