What did you see today?

Nothing to exciting, but we started getting arrivals @ RVS for the PGA Championship. Im not sure which golfer arrived in the G-V but I was told Tiger Woods flew in on this Challenger.

GV.jpg

rvs8607047copy.jpg

Edited by tomcatlover

Yesterday I saw a bunch of Kleine Brogel based aircraft, a Belgian Marchetti SF-260D and afterwards 7 French Alpha Jets dropping by. And luckely not those in the ugly red blue and white colors for once :huh:

Pictures as promised, and a complete list of what i saw while in UK...

Lot of airliners at Helsinki - Vantaa airport

Lot of airliners at London Heathrow

Seaking

Ch-47

Civil aircraft's...

When in London, hellalotta of airliners!!!!! And again a Seaking...

Then, a Spitfire! :woot.gif: (or a Typhoon? I dont really know...)

Un identified slow flying helicopter (didnt look like military one)

London Heathrow...

Helsinki - Vantaa...

And Mi-8 and 2 MiG-21's when we passed the museum on the way to home :P

Pics (in random order):

Some Finnair airliner (not the plane i flew on)

P1010701.jpg

747 At Heathrow, it was actually smaller than i first thought, thats maybe because i saw a helicopter sized like 747! :o (Mighty Mi-12)

P1010725.jpg

In London...

P1010969.jpg

Chin... Chinhook... CHINOOK! Aarrgh

P1010863.jpg

Heathrow again...

P1020639.jpg

And again....

P1020642.jpg

Never thought i would see this! :blink:

P1020597.jpg

Seaking

P1020587.jpg

Anyone...?

P1020583.jpg

Circled over my head...

P1020370.jpg

Questions welcome...

EDIT: Hey guys, the 100th page is coming, we have to get something special for the milestone!

Edited by Su-34
A Super Connie. The sound of those four radials is just awesome. Nothing comes close.

Very cool!

A funny thing: I overtook one of their trucks (some former-Army Dodge- or Chevy-design, IIRC) on the highway a couple of weeks ago.

Hope to see this one at an ILA one day. Last year's ILA had a DC-4 and that one was great as well.

Then, a Spitfire! :lol: (or a Typhoon? I dont really know...)

Never thought i would see this! ;)

P1020597.jpg

Most definitely a Spitfire. IIRC, there are no Typhoons left in flyable condition. What's more, if I'm right, there's just one Typhoon left at all and that's at the RAF Museum in Hendon, London. Did you go there, too? Definitely a place worth visiting.

Circled over my head...

P1020370.jpg

Could that be a Britten-Norman Defender MSSA? Like THIS ONE?

defender.jpg

If it is, what was it doing over London?

Most definitely a Spitfire. IIRC, there are no Typhoons left in flyable condition. What's more, if I'm right, there's just one Typhoon left at all and that's at the RAF Museum in Hendon, London. Did you go there, too? Definitely a place worth visiting.

Could that be a Britten-Norman Defender MSSA? Like THIS ONE?

defender.jpg

If it is, what was it doing over London?

Nice, i saw that one over Isle of Wight, Robin Hill...

And the second aircraft, it was in Isle of Wight too, not in London, but it sure is damn kinda ugly :thumbsup:

Seaking

P1020587.jpg

Anyone...?

P1020583.jpg

That seaking looks to be one of the Irish Coast Guard as it is such a stretched S-61 or something...

For that other one, It looks like a Bell 206 or a later derrivative from it.

Today I saw 4508 and 4509, 2 Buchel tornados. they arrived for some touch and go's on the request of the tower since there were special guests at Kleine Brogel AB. The weather was very dark and as tornado's are not of the brightest aircraft... offcourse my photo's sucked.

But the 4-ship of Italian F-16s was in lighter conditions and that was very nice to see. They are on excercise until friday so when the weather gets better, I get over there again and take some more pictures

Yesterday I went to Brussels for a civil session and we came home with pictures of both the 777-35R/ERs from Jet Airways, India. This weekend they opened the line Bombay to the US and the crossing of these 2 birds is at Brussels. One lands and when it departs the other one's landing to take the same gate. They only have 2 of them so great catch in my opinion :cheers:

Greetings

edit: some typo's

Edited by Fiddler

Great story to tell...

So I got the scanner going at my parents place while working on my X-35B model, when I hear an F-18C call in to the Moffett Field Tower about 8 miles away from my parents place. I wondered if I could beat him there. I grabbed my camera and the keys to my Corvette and flashed my down the freeway, switched over to the 237 lined up with the runway, hit the brakes and got on the shoulder, got out and 8 seconds later took this...

F-1801.jpg

Ha!!!! Beat ya there!!!! :rolleyes:

This entire event took less then 4 minutes. :)

OMG!!!! VIPER, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First time I've seen a Viper out here at Vandenberg since the last air show we had :banana::banana::banana:. Binoculars showed (I think) two (I'm assuming inert) AIM-120s, 2 underwing fuel tanks and one centerline fuel tank.

Talk about inspiration for the group build!!!! I'm still in shock here :coolio:!

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

Cruising at FL 348 at 22+ GMT something on course SANUR i saw two satellites circling around. They were appearing as two stars wandering along a path.

At that moment i told the capntain that if i were a rich man i would settle the table to have a drink in the sky to enjoy the most beautiful scenes of the world.

On the other hand i saw a few KC-135, C-17 and KC-10 at Bishkek, UAFM.

Regards,

Arkut

B-737 First Officer

A whole crapload of firefighting aircraft (among them a P-3) headed out to the Zaca Fire, about 40 miles southeast of where I live, and, oddly enough :banana:, a Chinook flying over the Wal-Mart in Santa Maria, possibly headed to Camp San Luis or Camp Roberts.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

A CT-155 Hawk just buzzed my house with the gear down. A few minutes earlier I heard a couple other jets go over. Going to go over to the airport in a couple minutes to see what might be over there.

Not today, but yesterday evening, saw a WB-57 going into Mildenhall. Drove over there later, but wasn't able to get into a place to get a picture of it.

Today we were down in London, and I think I saw a TU-154 flying into Heathrow. Is anyone still flying those?

JMC

14x 173rd FW F-15's

4-6X Cali. ANG Vipers

4-6X Wisconsin ANG Vipers

4X Missouri ANG F-15's (4C')

4X Hawaii ANG F-15's (2A's and 2C's)

4X Florida F-15A's

4X VFA-25 F/A-18C's

2X KC-135's (from Washington)

1X F-117 Nighthawk

1X F-86 Sabre

1X "OT" Eglin F-15.