What did you see today?

I saw the Snowbirds do a formation take off from Toronto International at 10:30 this morning.

The Snowbirds flew right over the shop i work at today, around 11:00 am i think. Were in a diamond formation. Neat!!

Don

The Snowbirds flew right over the shop i work at today, around 11:00 am i think. Were in a diamond formation. Neat!!

Don

Saw that as well myself, Don. In addition to the Snowbirds, also saw the Raptor & F-16 buzzing around the CNE grounds.

Nick

What the heck is that around that airplane? :banana:

the plane is used for geological survey, the cables are used to send an electric pulse down into the earth so they can see what kind of minerals are under them.

Saw a Bell 222 today, an OSF St. Anthony Life Flight helo with a brand new paint scheme. It's not exactly an American flag, but the rear of the fuselage and the boom do look like there are red and white stripes streaming down them and the foward section is a dark blue. Didn't have a camera with me, however. Will try to get some helo shots for the site though...the final approach the med choopers toake to Freeport Memorial is usually right past my house, and the hospital's only 3 minutes away by car. If the hospital will give me permission, I can probably get some walkarounds.

HI

CC-177 #1 flew over Kingston in which I think was a fly past for the Military College opening yesterday. It flew right over my place, nice and low, gears down and did one STOOPIT approach at the airport, raised its gear and flew back to Trenton.

CC117.jpg

Tom

the plane is used for geological survey, the cables are used to send an electric pulse down into the earth so they can see what kind of minerals are under them.

Soooo, it's a really big one of these then ...

explorer_product_lrg.jpg

Interesting ...

Gregg

Saw something interesting today - not sure what it was. A small aircraft, biz-jet sized - probably about 8 to 10 passengers max, with a T tail, unswept wings set slightly farther back on the body than I'd expect, pusher engines that sounded like they might be turboprops mounted about 1/3 of the way out on the wings, and small canards on the nose - the leading edges looked to be about flush with the tip of the nose, in fact.

Any ideas?

Saw something interesting today - not sure what it was. A small aircraft, biz-jet sized - probably about 8 to 10 passengers max, with a T tail, unswept wings set slightly farther back on the body than I'd expect, pusher engines that sounded like they might be turboprops mounted about 1/3 of the way out on the wings, and small canards on the nose - the leading edges looked to be about flush with the tip of the nose, in fact.

Any ideas?

Something like this?

MM62184.jpg

This is the Piaggio Avanto of the Italian Air Force. The italians are famous for unusual designs.

Something like this?

This is the Piaggio Avanto of the Italian Air Force. The italians are famous for unusual designs.

Looked very much like that, in fact. Do they sell 'em to civilians? Pretty sure the Italian Air Force isn't doing much over north Texas right now...the one I saw was on approach to Love Field.

Looked very much like that, in fact. Do they sell 'em to civilians? Pretty sure the Italian Air Force isn't doing much over north Texas right now...the one I saw was on approach to Love Field.

I'm sure they do, they are the 'Ferrari' of Bizjets, but as I don't 'do' civvies, I'm not 100% certain.

That prop with the canards looks very unique.

An aggressor T-38 with a drop tank landed at Moffett Field about ten min ago at 12:35PM. I'll post a photo later. It's pretty crappy due to the smoke from all of the big fires burning in the area.

Anybody got more info on this T-38?

Didn't know T-38s were still used as Aggressors?

An aggressor T-38 with a drop tank landed at Moffett Field about ten min ago at 12:35PM. I'll post a photo later. It's pretty crappy due to the smoke from all of the big fires burning in the area.

Anybody got more info on this T-38?

are you sure it wasnt a F-5?