What did you see today?

A P-3 Orion over Carrollton Texas this afternoon. Looked like it took off out of DFW Airport, heading north, then banked over Carrollton and headed off to the northwest. It was low enough that I could make out lots of detail, but I couldn't make out any markings.

Just stepped outside here at work and watched a B-25 buzzing over town,it and other warbirds are here for our airshow,would like to go but I'm working and have to find a new vehicle,mine is about ready to give up the ghost.What stinks is that the F-104 Starfighters Demo is here,I haven't seen a flyable F-104 since the early 1970's,the one time I can see them is the time I can't! :blink:

EK26 bound for Dubai being unceremoniously on the grass up to her axles!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/7001366.stm

My colleague had to go down the taxiway to help sort out how they were going to get this monster back on the tarmac. One main gear leg off the taxiway at a particularly tricky we bend, a team of BA guy's coming up in the morning to dig it out!!

Eng

Hi all, a pretty good day over Lincolnshire today despite the cloud cover.

I was lucky enough to see a couple of Tucanos low flying, an RAF Sentinel approaching RAF Waddington, an F-15E heading south away from RAF Coningsby toward Da Heath but the star of today was the Hawker Hunter performing aerobatics directly over my head at approx 14:00hrs. :banana:

I was having a conversation with a customer (an ex-RAF Flt Lt by coincidence) when our chatter was interupted by the sound of jet noise. I looked up to see the pilot stand his aircraft on its' tail and climb straight up into a break in the cloud before pulling over the top. He was having a high old time doing loops and rolls aplenty. It was a real treat to watch and had the hairs standing up on the back of my neck!

The aircraft appeared to be a dark blue or grey on its 'upper side and red and white on the underneath. I'm guessing it was privately owned. Can anyone shed any more light on the subject at all? I'd like to see a piccie or two it.

:banana:

*Edit*...I think in all likelyhood it may have been this one:.....

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1006248/M/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0892446/M/

Edited by geedubelyer

"Hercules" at about 250 ft coming out of the gloom and mist over my head as I stood smoking in the garden.

Vague name is cos I could not ID it properly, being a shadow against the mist, and I'm not far from Mildenhall, Lakenheath et al, so it could have been either USAF or RAF.

There's something awfully awe inspiring about any aircraft slowly taking shape through the fog or mist. Don't know what it is, but its a hairs up on the back of the neck moment.

For a Sunday, it was bust at YQR. A flight of 4 Harvard IIs and a Hawk have been in and out of the airport all day. also, a Snowbird Tutor is sitting on the ramp. A bunch of private aviation stuff in as well.

"Snowbird 12"

P8160040.jpg

Thats cool, 114013 was snowbird 1 last year. Maj. MacLean named her "Trixie", short for Triskaidekaphobia, which is fear of the number 13.

Useless fact of the day right there,

Trev

5-3.jpg

Nice series of pics there Zach! :explode:

Thats cool, 114013 was snowbird 1 last year. Maj. MacLean named her "Trixie", short for Triskaidekaphobia, which is fear of the number 13.

Useless fact of the day right there,

Trev

Maybe to the guy that would rather knit a sweater.....

:touche: Not useless here... I had no idea the pilot's could each name their own a/c.... Thanks for the insight :soapbox:

Edited by Scot M