What did you see today?

Nice pics, Koen

Now for you Scots, I caught the briefest of brief glimpses of several delta-wings over Fife. I don`t think they were Typhoons (90% sure), and didn`t seem to be flying in formation as the RAF usually does at medium altitude round here (they may have been in the process of formating, however).

Were they Mirage 2000 anyone who saw them?

Cheers, Ian

Wish I had my camera, but witnessed a big mother of a Cdn military aircraft taking off out of Ottawa earlier today.

All I could make out was the big grey whale with 4 props lumbering into the sky. It looked like it was going to clip the roofs off a few office buildings as it gained altitude.

My camera has severe limitations when it comes to aerial photography. Maybe you'll see better ones when I get my DSLR. :lol: So until then, deal with it. :P

Boeing 767 (don't know which vintage) and a DeHavilland Beaver.

Edited by The_Animal

Drove past an MH-60L on the flightline today. Refuelling boom, X-type satcom antenna and a REALLY fresh paint job. Didn't get to see much more of it though. They took off while I was doing my preflight. Did see a Longbow on my way back in to Cairns though. He was about 500 feet above me headed west.

Got buzzed by two Holloman based German Tornados about 40 miles north of Sierra Blanca, Texas. There is a low level MOA and they were both doing their best to fly low level. The first one came across the road ahead of me and though it is hard to judge the heighth of a low flying airplane, he was propably around 500 feet AGL. A couple of miles down the road I pulled over to the side of the road just in time to see the second one cross the road behind me at a fast clip and low altitude also. I miss the Holloman F-4s, am bored of the Stinkbugs based there, but still enjoy seeing Tornados.

I spent the day with the Colorado ANG at Buckley to shoot their Vipers. They wheeled me out to the runway to shoot a 6-ship departing. I was also able to shoot 4 Tyndall F-15s plus a pair of 388FW Vipers.

good day.

Jake

Well, this wasn't taken today but earlier this week when I was at Tyndall AFB. I finally got the pictures uploaded to my computer today.

2F-22s.jpg

Edited by John King

Got buzzed really low (less than 1000 ft.) by a Herc headed into Vandenberg. C-130's are pretty common around here, usually 1 or 2 a week. Yeah, I know, just 1 or 2 a week...well, around here 1 or 2 a week constitutes a regular basis as far as stuff inbound to Vandenberg goes. We're pretty boring around these parts :crying:.

Technically Thursday... Numerous single and section flights of 18C/D/E/F from VX31 and VX9. One 5 ship launch of 18E/F from VX9 to work 5v5 against CA ANG. Nice! One VX31 HH-1N. One VX30 18B in ex Omars desert cam scheme w/adversary star. Numerous Metroliner shuttles. One section launch of VMFA-121 18Ds. Not a single tail with color in the lot of them though.

Dave

http://www.dpdproductions.com

- Featuring the NEW 'Military Aircraft' Photo CD -

I just saw a C-17 heading south, over our neighborhood. Looked like it had just taken off from Salt Lake Int'l - we're underneath the flight path. We usually get Delta birds (wonder how often Chris Kethan flies over us) but occasionally we get a UT ANG KC-135 too.

Justin

Hey guys....

I'm still on my vacation in California by San Francisco and I have finally gotten to a computer.

lemme see here, i have seen a F/A-18 over the Golden Gate bridge (nice sight), some HH-65 Coast Guard Helicopters, and a C-130.

I also saw another flying "object"...A breeching grey whale (it flew about 2 or 3 feet).

I meant to post this yesterday but I forgot. Yesterday morning while browsing ARC I heard a loud low vibration getting closer, figuring it was a turbo prop on a low approach I didn't give it much though. About 10 minutes later, I heard it again flying in the opposite direction. This time I got up to see what it was, a Canadian Forces CH-149 (EH-101) Cormorant at less than 1000 feet headed out from the Moncton Airport, flying directly over out house. I was surprised how bright the yellow paint was. In today's newspaper there was a picture of it. The crew decided to stop at an Irving Big Stop (major truck stop) for a bite to eat and then walked next door to Timmies for some fresh coffee. The picture showed the Cormorant just above the Tim Hortons.

Edited by Charlie "Cheetah"