Gents:

In the process of building sunshades for my diorama's. The first is one that is seen in photos from various undisclosed deployed airfields. In 1/72 scale the size of the components get so small that they don't of the rigidity that is needed. Once I set the location I'll glue it down to keep the bents plumb.

Edited by Mark S.

As you can see my quality isn't the best.

The bents are on 15 foot centers. The start of the gable is 25 ft. 6 inches above the concrete. Length of the structure center to center first to last bent is 75 ft. Slope on the gable 2/12.

Here's one with the roof canvas on. Used heavy paper. Anyone have a better idea? Looks to stiff to me. The bents are made from .080 x .100 in bar stock. Knee braces 1/16" or 3/32" angles.

The X-bracing is .025" rod. Attempted sewing thread but too much a PITA. Hope to find a Hi-Res photo of a forward deployed site, print it on 24" x 36" paper and add an existing shelter of mine to create a forward deployed diorama.

Mark

Here's a side view. I placed tan gift wrap tissue paper on it to see if it would be suitable but think it's too thin. The main beams are 3/16 wide flange shapes. The gables are made form .060 x .060 bar. Columns from 1/8" dia pipe. Struts (horizontal members along the sides) 3/32 angle. Knee braces 1/16" angle. columns are 25 ft on center (remember 1/72 scale). Height to unerside or beams 25'-6".

Any suggestions for a covering would be appreciated.

I have two more sunshades built except for the simulated metal roofing. That's on order. I'll post when I get it done.

All for now.

Mark

Edited by Mark S.