Zzzzzuuuuummmmmm....

I love the sneak passes. I just wish they still did supersonic passes, although the IMAX movie "The Magic of Flight" seems to have one, the two solos fly overhead wingtip-to-wingtip and there's a loud BOOM! It was filmed at the San Francisco show Believe it or not, the last airshow I was at, there was a little boy who SLEPT through BOTH sneak passes (I prefer to call them bejeezus passes) of a Thunderbird demo. But the one that truly floored me was last year at the airshow the T-birds did a crossover maneuver where the four formation pilots came at each other from the four compass points and crisscrossed above show center at about 400 knots, similar to what the Blue Angels do, but instead of passing one at a time, they all passed over show center and each other SIMULTANEOUSLY, missing each other by perhaps five feet top and bottom! If I'd been in the back seat for that one, you would've heard me over the ICS "HO-LIEE SHIIIIIIIITTT!" Crazy Bastards!

I remember the sonuvagun who did that Sneaky Pete Pass at their demo at Abbotsford. I was walking back to the car and damn it all, he went over me at about 30 feet off the ground at FULL burner and I'm not kidding. RIGHT OVER MY HEAD! I damned near dropped the Pepsi I was drinking. :worship: That I believe was back in 86 when both the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds were at Abbotsford together.

Apparantly you remember it also Animal. This is the old "Sneaky Pete/Sneak Pass". It was done in the 1980's and maybe in the early 1990's. Now, no more and only does the modified one I described earlier and what raptor22 photographed. :worship:

I love the sneak passes. I just wish they still did supersonic passes, although the IMAX movie "The Magic of Flight" seems to have one, the two solos fly overhead wingtip-to-wingtip and there's a loud BOOM! It was filmed at the San Francisco show Believe it or not, the last airshow I was at, there was a little boy who SLEPT through BOTH sneak passes (I prefer to call them bejeezus passes) of a Thunderbird demo. But the one that truly floored me was last year at the airshow the T-birds did a crossover maneuver where the four formation pilots came at each other from the four compass points and crisscrossed above show center at about 400 knots, similar to what the Blue Angels do, but instead of passing one at a time, they all passed over show center and each other SIMULTANEOUSLY, missing each other by perhaps five feet top and bottom! If I'd been in the back seat for that one, you would've heard me over the ICS "HO-LIEE SHIIIIIIIITTT!" Crazy Bastards!

Supersonic pass!?!? And the Diamond bomb burst then crossover at show center over the crowds!?!? That must of been a very special show! I thought they're not suppose to go supersonic for safety reasons and the Diamond Bomb Burst then crossover is usually in front of show center. :worship: