What did you just finish building?

Getting my modeling feet back under me... and building a lot of F-5s. (The Monogram kit. Have some Kinetic and AFV waiting in the wings for the fancier schemes... since I really hate masking over raised panel lines, and am too lazy to rescribe the whole thing!)

Lot of silver... which, in hindsight, should have waited 'til I had all my sandpaper... some nasty scratches. *sigh* And I shouldn't attempt to hand paint straight lines... ah well. Trying something new or improving on each, which is really the point. (I was surprised I got the extensions faired in nicely, to be honest. Had me worried.)

Silver20Tigers202.jpg

... though the AMS resin LEX extensions and nose went on fairly nicely on the family model. (Twobobs, kit decals, and twobobs.)

Latest is using a Superscale sheet... which had seen better days. Gave up on the stencils after the first few shattered.

F5e20RoKAF.jpg

I'd forgotten about painting with rattle-cans and silly putty. Need to start working on deatil (and breaking up those big, flat surfaces a bit - strangely, the silver feel more visually interesting.)

Threw together a spitfire between those three and the last. No pics, though. Have to love the older Monogram kits - real weekend builds!

Edited by egmccann
  • 4 weeks later...

Guess I have been in a dark mood. Black bottom Lanc, now three all black planes in a row.

This is a Hasegawa F-18B with spare Black Box parts and Fightertown decals.

DSC_0130-4.jpg

DSC_0131-3.jpg

DSC_0134-2.jpg

Whole bunch of black USN planes......

DSC_0128-3.jpg

Nice work, phantom. Love the Lanc especially. Here's my finished 434 Sqn. Sword. My father-in-law performed a textbook dead-stick landing on Sept. 19, 1957 in this aircraft after a flame-out and electrical failure at 35,000 feet. RIP Larry.

8163961018_0ce7f88f8b_b.jpg

8163958834_1950dac990_b.jpg

8149294524_f8dff0fb1c_b.jpg

Edited by Big Daddy

Was a good month. Hasegawa CF-18 with Leading Edge 409 squadron decals. MAW replacement nose.

The nose has the modern upgrade bird slicers on the nose, but needed the search light drilled out. Used a regular old electric drill and it seems to have done the trick.

DSC_0638-2.jpg

Here is a shot with the 409 special Voodoo from back in the day.

DSC_0641-2.jpg

DSC_0645-2.jpg

DSC_0639-2.jpg

Edited by phantom

Three this year. I guess it's the year of the falcon. All Hasegawa 1/48 with some scratch and aftermarket stuff here and there....

Dutch F-16a Blk 15

030-2.jpg

TuAF F-16cj Blk 50

028.jpg

RDAF F-16am blk 10

004-4.jpg

I'm rebuilding my 12 year old hasegawa av-8b right now but I dont think it's going to be done before the new year. If not it'll be the first of 2013!

Happy holidays!

A Revell F-14D but representing a VF-11 Redrippers B from about 2004. Some mods for the b were done but not all. Who cares its going to the shelf now to collect dust like the rest. Deffinetly a sanding pig, but builds up nicely if you put the work in. Wearing Aeromaster decals and the lightning pod from hasegawa and few aim 9s. Done in 6 days.

IMAG0295_zps12215e14.jpg

IMAG0300_zpsf6b63d0b.jpg

IMAG0291_zps5bc3a2e4.jpg

IMAG0317_zps18953a84.jpg

IMAG0301_zps047a2daa.jpg