What did you just finish building?

Phantom,

Another exceptional model build. Really most impressive.Have you ever thought about doing a build blog especially like this conversion?

My only suggestion is trying to increase the depth of field in your pictures as half the helicopter is out of focus. If you can't make those adjustments, you can try to focus 1/3 the way down from the front of the 'copter to increase the total area of DOF.

Joel

Phantom,

Three things you can do to help increase the limited depth of field so the entire aircraft is in focus, is to increase the distance from the camera to the model, that will increase your depth of field. Us any online free photo editing program that allows you to crop. Try keeping the angle that you photograph the model to 30 degrees or less. That decreases the depth of field issues as well. And lastly, as I mentioned before, using hyper critical focusing, which is a fancy term for focusing on the a point 1/3 into the subject rather then the very front of the subject will also help to keep the entire aircraft in focus.

Joel

Rebuild of my first 1/48 Hasegawa Phantom. Tore it down and replaced the tails with some spares from Academy. Now no longer a VF-84 F-4B but a VF-213 F-4G (navy).

With the model that this one was replaced by....

DSC_0714.jpg

DSC_0713_1.jpg

DSC_0711_1.jpg

We have a bunch of 1/72 kits in our gift shop at the hangar that aren't moving. I guess kids just aren't building them any more. Anyway, i decided to bring this one home, build it and then see if it would sell. It's from the Academy T6G Texan kit and I built it in the same livery as our 1954 Harvard IV, CF-VIJ, RCAF s/n 20382.

382Model2_zpsr2q3bpaz.jpg

382Model3_zps5pjb9bxp.jpg

382Model4_zpsblp216lg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A Skunkworks HH-60H. I had the same fit issues with the front windshield as the last time I built this kit. The Skunkworks stuff adds a lot of detail to the base kit.

DSC_0738_1.jpg

DSC_0743_1.jpg

DSC_0744_1.jpg