What did you just finish building?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Joel.

Hasegawa 1/48 CF-18 with Canuck decals representing the plane that SHOULD have been flying over my house right this minute IF only they had not cancelled the local airshow.

DSC_0870.jpg

DSC_0875.jpg

A shot with 425 squadrons 188761 next to what it used to look like when with 409 squadron.

DSC_0880.jpg

Phantom,

Another quality build with your CF-18. You have to be one of the most prolific builders I've ever seen. Each model or repaint is simply outstanding. What would take me months to accomplish, you do in a few weeks. Looking forward to your next presentation.

Joel

Thanks Joel. Won't be anything for around two weeks, too much going on around here for a bit.

In fact I think I might just go downstairs and clean the build table.

Almost completed 1/48 Tamiya F4F-4. Display stand is in work and still need the landing lights put in. Will finish completely this weekend.

It's my first kit in 10 years so please be gentle. LOL :rofl:/>/>

image5.jpeg

Darrin,

That's really one nice looking F4F, whether it's your 1st build or not. WW11 Allied aircraft are my main areas of interest, so I'm always looking for new builds. Thanks for sharing.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

This is originally from the Shelf Queens GB. It's a Revell Crusader in 48th scale. I wanted to show it off here mainly because of the stand I made for it. It's a piece of 0.40 plastic card that I dipped in hot water and bent at the ends. It didn't really come out how I intended, but I really needed to get this one in the display case before my old lady filled that spot up with something else.

CAM02769_zpstjbh5rir.jpg

CAM02767_zps3tydxun1.jpg

CAM02766_zpsfdvgzkde.jpg

Exhausted,

That's one really nice F8, especially how you displayed it. You share your display case with your wife? Hope she builds models or does figures.

Andre,

Very nicely done Eurofighter Typhoon. I really like the intake cover, and those tail markings.

Joel

Thanks Joel_W.

My wife actually uses it for family pics and little displays she makes in her free time. She doesn't model, but maybe she'd enjoy an attempt just for fun. Maybe a dinosaur or other figure would float her boat. Her hobby is candle making and I showed her how to knit (LOL), so she really likes that too.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished this MASSIVE 1/48 CC-130J Hercules. The stretch from the short model was made using an old herc.

This is just before paint.....

DSC_0904.jpg

Then finished.

DSC_0930.jpg

DSC_0931.jpg

Its REALLY big.

DSC_0932.jpg

Phantom,

The 1/48 CC-130J Hercules is simply amazing. A fantastic conversion, extremely well executed. And then a perfect finish. My only question is where to you display a model of that proportion?

Your B-25J into a CF-100 also is top notch, but the Herc Just over powers it in your posts. BTW, what scale and manufacture?

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

The Herc is Italeri, and the B-25 is Pro Modeller. As for display.

Had to leave the wings un- glued and one wing off. Looks silly but its the only way to fit it in the shelf.

DSC_0938.jpg

Phantom,

Most unusual, but seems quite practical. I've shied away from one particular build simply because I won't have a place to display it when it's done. The Revell 1/48 scale PBY-5A. I really want to do Strawberry 5, and have custom decals made. Thinking of trading or selling it, and going with a 1/72 scale model instead.

Joel