What did you just finish building?

Thanks Joel. The Landing gear seems way to small and short. Also the interior is built on the wing. Then you slap the fuselage on top. Very hard to do without breaking off the interior seats as I learned. Several times.

Thanks Joel. The Landing gear seems way to small and short. Also the interior is built on the wing. Then you slap the fuselage on top. Very hard to do without breaking off the interior seats as I learned. Several times.

Phantom,

I see. Still, as a presentation model, it looks outstanding.

Joel

Can I play too? :) Here's my 1/72 Hasegawa F-16C. Decals are from another Hasegawa kit, as I've used parts from F-16E to build this one. Even though it's not a Hornet, it was quite an enjoyable build :) I've replaced the seat, though I don't know the brand. Also I took HTS from Revell F-16C.

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

:cheers:

So many fast movers here! I finished this N1K1-Ja today. It's been covered with aluminum foil, then painted with artist's acrylics then chipped. Except for the foil and the landing gear brake lines, it's OOB.

Thanks for Looking!

completed1_zpsah6id47b.jpg

completed2_zps99cjlqdh.jpg

completed3_zpscaqgpg8j.jpg

completed5UN_zpsd1nhsfb3.jpg

Thadeus,

What a great build of the 1/72 Hasegawa F-16C. Just an outstanding job on all those loads out. One just have to love those tail markings as they set the tone for the entire build. As for your weathering, it's just the right amount to bring out those panel lines without them jumping out at the viewer.

Joel

Gary,

Just an impressive build of a N1K1-Ja. Your metal foiling looks nearly perfect. it's hard to believe that you've only done a few NMF's to date with that technique. Each one should be just that much better then the last one. As for your painting, chipping, and over all weathering, you've certainly succeeded in creating a well worn looking operational aircraft. What you've done to create your model is far from what I would deem as OOB. Not many members including myself have the expertise to successfully foil an aircraft.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with a perfectly built, painted, decaled, and weathered OOB model. Heck, that's what the hobby is all about. To me it's all about the presentation and how we, the viewer, perceive your interpretation of actual aircraft you're modeling.

Joel

Hi Joel,

Thank you very much for your praise. It is always encouraging to hear from you. I hope to improve with each kit I build, and though I'm not anti-AM, one of the greatest challenges I feel as a model builder is to find those few things to create or change or improve that makes the build unique.

Gary

Eduard's Spitfire Mk XVI in the markings of Air Vice Marshall Sir James Robb. This is, quite simply, the best model kit I have ever built - perfect engineering and fit, incredible detail, and great markings right out of the box! Kudos to Eduard!

Steve

344746FC-6E99-4F8B-BB1F-7DF5A3D63CDC.jpg

F539DE65-1CEF-4B5F-B21E-CA8A06678B8F.jpg

AA2F4A92-258F-4644-B415-AC971F0BE0A7.jpg

Edited by Falconxlvi

Steve,

Now that's one outstanding Spitfire MK XV1 build. Your camo paint scheme, decaling, and weathering looks nearly perfect. I've built one of their Spits, and their kits are simply the best out there.

Joel

Steve,

Now that's one outstanding Spitfire MK XV1 build. Your camo paint scheme, decaling, and weathering looks nearly perfect. I've built one of their Spits, and their kits are simply the best out there.

Joel

Thanks Joel. Your in-progress thread on your Spitfire was one of the inspirations to get this build started! It is a wonderful kit and I've started on the next one already (Mk XVI Dual boxing)

Thanks Joel. Your in-progress thread on your Spitfire was one of the inspirations to get this build started! It is a wonderful kit and I've started on the next one already (Mk XVI Dual boxing)

Steve,

I also have a few more Eduard Spits in my stash, and sure hope to build at least one of them this coming year. As for my build being an inspiration to get your build started, that makes investing the time into a build blog worth it many times over.

Joel

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I cut each in three parts just in case it shattered. It did a tiny tiny amount, but nothing I could not fix with white paint.

Phantom,

Time and time your decaling of the most intricate decals never ceases to amaze me. My hat is off to you. Well done my friend.

Joel

• 2 weeks later...

DonG started this one, it was almost all built, just needed the fiddly bits and finishing the paint job. It was sitting on my shelf for at least 3 years before I found decals for it. Put the decals on this morning and now its back on the shelf.

DSC_0709_2.jpg

DSC_0712_3.jpg

DSC_0714_2.jpg