What did you just finish building?

Shawn,

A very impressive build of the PV-1. Your paint camo and weathering is really quite effective in showing the wear that these aircraft received in the harsh saltwater environment. Was your build OOB or used some AM parts?

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Phantom,

I'm really quite impressed at how your CF104s are all turning out. Just a very nicely done 6 pack. And Gee, what a surprise, two more outstanding Phantoms, with one actually wearing the colors and marking of some other nation besides Canada and the USA.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Shawn,

A very impressive build of the PV-1. Your paint camo and weathering is really quite effective in showing the wear that these aircraft received in the harsh saltwater environment. Was your build OOB or used some AM parts?

Joel

Thanks Joel, she was 100% OOB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

phantom,

Do you ever sleep? My word. I can't imagine building half that many model aircraft in a years time, and you build them in just a few months. Quality and Quantity. Well done my friend, very well done.

Joel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A 1/48 Tamiya Lancaster that caused no end of trouble. I "think" it must be an original release from back in the early 70s. The plastic was incredibly brittle. The landing gear broke at least 6 times on the port side. Right now its a combination of kit parts and wire coat hanger. Otherwise it would fall over. The kit decals originally used disintegrated which honestly was no surprise. Then the replacement decals the customer supplied were far far too red, so I sourced some later issue Tamiya decals in addition to the after market code letters to make a 12 squadron RAF bomber that the customer requested.

The customer supplied gun barrels were not visible in the turrets. The label said 1/48 but they appeared more 1/72, Also they broke SO many times I had to replace them with some spares I had.

DSC_0828_2.jpg

DSC_0829_2.jpg

DSC_0831_2.jpg

Another commission build. A Academy Huey built as a CH-118 Iroquois from base rescue CFB Moose Jaw back in the mid 70s.

DSC_0833_2.jpg

DSC_0835_2.jpg

Turned out much better then the same scheme I did for myself last year.........

DSC_0838_2.jpg

Phantom,

Just another group of outstanding commission builds. I've said this numerous times, but the fact is I still can believe how many models even OOB you can complete so quickly. I'm just amazed at your production.

Joel