What did you just finish building?

• 3 weeks later...

Built 3 models that all were painted together. # not high quality models that are far from Hasegawa or Tamiya or Monogram (for that matter) quality.

This 1/72 Challenger with J_Bot decals.

bXFPAGz.jpg

Then these two Mach2 Falcons. Also using J-Bot decals. The decals are by far the best part of these models and caused no end of issues. Luckily my customer provided two sets of decals. Both sure were needed.

zuvOODM.jpg

The models had more flash then plastic. The clear parts are a joke. Lucky the J-Bot decals came with realistic looking window replacements.

• 5 weeks later...

Now that I have a working compressor again I was able to finish this HUGE modified build. Airfix Bristol Mk.32 backdated withMagna models resin conversion and Canmilair decals to make a RCAF Mk.31 Freighter.

3Vzvo4u.jpg

3a6dkwe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, these are not new builds. In fact I only built the helicopter/ These are repaints rebuilds repairs and decal jobs for a customer.

CmK5pZx.jpg

zqYeca5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

At last BUILT something! Also for a customer. Hasegawa 1/48 Sea King with Belcher Bits sponsons and decals.

vAcy32T.jpg

Along with my RCN Sea King from a number of years back.

IPohldw.jpg

• 1 month later...

No- one has built ANYTHING????? In over a MONTH!!!!??????

Really?

Right, another Academy Phantom with Speed Hunter decals, times two. Niagara Falls and Oregon. Triple Mig killers.....

sGYoaKv.jpg

h8ycvkl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finished another 1/32 Trumpeter Super Hornet with Speed Hunter decals.

3SiEp6c.jpg

q4ifQC5.jpg

Both my big Hornets, both use Speed Hunter decals from the same sheet.....

MoqFaFW.jpg

I have finished two 1/72 kits.

First up, my fujimi A-4M.   I built this kit after finding the decals at a hobby shop going out of business sale. I thought they were 1/48th decals when I bought them, but they were 1/72 .. so I had to find a Fujimi kit. I am proud of the masking I was able to do to paint the special scheme. I am a little disappointed with the weathering, I over did it. My goal was to make the model a little less toy like but I made it too dirty.  The slats are up because I broke many of the actuators, and lost one. I could not think of a good way to fabricate it, so I just went with slats retracted, even though it likely would never look like this if the plane was parked.   I had a lot of trouble with the under carriage, doors and external stores.  The under carriage parts are just too darn small and easily broken for me.   This is a very nice kit, but 1/72 is just too small for me.

2v2JgCSsUx9awpY.jpg

2v2JgCV2ux9awpY.jpg

2v2JgCVW3x9awpY.jpg

2v2JgChVEx9awpY.jpg

2v2JgCCh5x9awpY.jpg

Next up is this Italeri RF-4E. I started this kit to test a new brand of paint on the white parts, then forgot about it. I figured It would be a quick build to get it off the shelf of doom.

I bumped the Pitot tube moving it into the photo booth, which is why it is a bit crooked

2v2JgCTnox9awpY.jpg

2v2JgCSvux9awpY.jpg

2v2JgCS12x9awpY.jpg

2v2JgCTZUx9awpY.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...