What did you just finish building?

2 hours ago, Hewy said:

I'm a new member here, a few of my recent builds

Bobcat  yak 28p firebar and a f-84f in luftwaffe livery.,1/48

dsmY0Yc.jpg

6B8bYXX.jpg

Typoon,  hasegawa, p47 tamiya

a51hlam.jpg

Very nice work. Your F-84 in particular (I'm a jet guy...not a prop sniffer) is very nice. Love the paint work. Come around some more and show us your work.

8 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Very nice work. Your F-84 in particular (I'm a jet guy...not a prop sniffer) is very nice. Love the paint work. Come around some more and show us your work.

Will do Mr matt, thanks for the welcome, seeing as your a jet man, a snippet of the tram intruder I'm currently working on, a va55 bomb truck 

It'll be wings up, load out will be  16, slant 4 snakeyes, trying to represent a warhorses a6 from the Libya raids

Q2cGjzA.jpg

ItLqLzL.jpg

44 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Will do Mr matt, thanks for the welcome, seeing as your a jet man, a snippet of the tram intruder I'm currently working on, a va55 bomb truck 

It'll be wings up, load out will be  16, slant 4 snakeyes, trying to represent a warhorses a6 from the Libya raids

Q2cGjzA.jpg

ItLqLzL.jpg

Very nice, what is the base kit being used?

4 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Very nice, what is the base kit being used?

It's   the 1/48 hobbyboss a-6e aoa  sandbox decals, for once its a pretty good kit, not like the f-111 or A-7 or  thunderchief (ect ect) abortions, some eduard etch sets and resin seats, thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Here's Minicraft's 1/48 Grumman XF5F-1 Skyrocket. Grumman designed this in response to BuAer Specification SD112-14, which "outlined armament, range, speed, and other critical design and performance characteristics." A testament to "form follows function," it first flew on April 1, 1940--a fitting date, indeed! As ugly as it was, it did deliver outstanding climb rate, speed, and forward visibility. Perhaps most  importantly, it was the parent of the beautiful F7F Tigercat.

The wings went together beautifully; once the sprue gates were off, the 2 halves were a perfect fit. Aside from the nacelles, the rest of the model went together pretty cleanly. I used a Lone Star Models resin cockpit to replace the spartan kit version. I did augment that with an Ultracast early F4F Wildcat seat that nicely matched a cockpit photo from Grumman XF5F-1 & XP-50 Skyrocket, Ginter NF #31, by D. Lucabaugh and B. Martin. I used WEM's Bronze Green for the cockpit as I figured that would be how Grumman painted cockpits at the time. The nacelle interiors were similarly painted Mr Color Light Gull Gray (C11) as a stand-in for "Grumman Gray". The exterior was primed with thinned Mr Surfacer 1200. The wings are Mr Color FS13538 (C329) over Mr White Base 1000. Alclad Aluminum was used for the fuselage, empennage, and nacelles. The propeller tips have blue, yellow, and red tip bands. Clear coat was MSI Micro Satin. Red and green Sharpie pens did a nice job on the tip lights while a Molotow Liquid Chrome pen was used for the oleo struts.

xf5f-done2.jpg

xf5f-done3.jpg

xf5f-done12.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 4:48 PM, phantom said:

Not an airplane, but a ship. HMCS Kitchener K225, Revell 1/72.

...we still have the "we are not worthy" emoji right?

DAAAAUUUUUUYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUMMMMMM!!!!! 😲

Edited by Just call me Ray
  • 2 weeks later...

Built a bunch of Voodoos. One for me the rest for a customer........

Mostly Leading Edge decals and Belcher Bits to fill in the needs of the customer.

410 Squadron back around 1962ish.

oCW4pDZ.jpg

5 hours ago, Rocket61 said:

Looks great but they were Voodoo Grey in 1980 when I was with the squadron.

Yep, most were indeed Voodoo grey. The photo I used as a reference (perhaps the date was wrong) showed 031 was still awaiting the new colour.

• 2 weeks later...