What did you just finish building?

On 2/12/2020 at 1:02 PM, marek_1101 said:

Supermarine Spitfire MkIXc Eduard 1/48

Both this and the Messershmitt are really nice. Well done!

Edit: And the F-2A!!

Edited by Mstor
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bill Staudt said:

1/48 Monogram F-4D OOB. Speedhunter unit markings, Hasegawa data.

Nice work! Still a fantastic F-4 kit even with all the other hi grade F-4 kits out there today.

Tore apart and rebuilt  the Polar Lights 1/350 scale NX-01 Enterprise. Added new LEDs which a far brighter then the garbage lights I first installed.

oRv62Jk.jpg

ilKevGc.jpg

It was a productive weekend off. Also did these tow very simple Romulan warbirds. The big guy is the old school AMT kit with 6 LEDs. The little guy is Polar Lights OOB.

uq44nob.jpg

8o66JsX.jpg

These silly kits took all of two hours. Had these as a child in the 70s. Nasty kits then not much better now. I also included some closer to scale more realistic props I found over the years.

GXsQwpc.jpgYy6CmGB.jpg

5 hours ago, smokeriderdon said:

Revell 1/48 F-15C ANG 75th anniversary...

NICE!

I bought this kit for the decals, to use some on a different kit. How was your experience with the decals? Did they go on OK, respond to setting solutions etc.?

The decals are thick. Which I liked in this case. You have to do a lot of fiddling around with the large ones to get them in place. If they were overly thin, they would not have stood up to the handling. Use Solvaset. Micro set is NOT going to be strong enough. I applied the Solvaset, let it sit for a few minutes and wiped it of. Next day the decals were settled down well.

On 3/19/2020 at 9:39 AM, smokeriderdon said:

The decals are thick. Which I liked in this case. You have to do a lot of fiddling around with the large ones to get them in place. If they were overly thin, they would not have stood up to the handling. Use Solvaset. Micro set is NOT going to be strong enough. I applied the Solvaset, let it sit for a few minutes and wiped it of. Next day the decals were settled down well.

Thanks for the info. I have three different sets of decals for this scheme. and will be using a combination of them. The tail decals in the Revell kit aren't right and some of the decals use a very coarse halftones for the transitions from light to dark shading. I think the Revell had the finest on the wings. I also have the Fishbone set and I think the third is Warbirds (?). I think GWH used the Fishbone design for their special release with this scheme.

• 2 weeks later...