What did you just finish building?

On 5/23/2020 at 6:22 PM, speedlimit said:

1/35 Tamiya Challenger 2 OOB. Kept clean.

thanks!

Eric

Very nice.  That was my VERY FIRST model after I got back into the hobby 10 years ago.  Great choice!

26 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Shawn,

Nice Clunk. I always liked the 440 Sqn Alligator markings.  As I was looking through your build album, I noticed your display shelves.  Very nice, except.... what, no CL-28 Argus? 😏 

K/r, Dutch

Thanks, and nope, have yet to try that massive conversion...……………………………..yet.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Thanks, and nope, have yet to try that massive conversion...……………………………..yet.

Yeah, me neither.  I do not plan on using the Mach2 Britannia kit with the Transport Wings Argus conversion plus Argus weapons bays (~$200, all told), though the intial detail drawings look really nice.  Instead, I have the old Execuform CL-28 Argus kit with the new Belcher Bits decals and Engines & Things R-3350s.  I will have to modify a set of B-24 props and am still figuring out the landing gear / wheels.  I saw that Master Casters announced a set of Britannia u/c legs and a separate set of resin wheels for the Mach2 kit, but they seem to have disappeared now.  So I have substituted a set of Nimrod wheels, close enough I guess.  I asked SAC if they were willing to do up a set of metal legs for the Mach2 Britannia and they responded that they didn't see the potential numbers adding up for that.  So, I will probably craft my own legs from brass tubing.  But, again, way on down the road.

Edited by Dutch
added links

1/32 Revell RF-4B, the kit is really more a RF-4E. 1/32 scale. Lots of repairs as the plastic was nasty and over 40 years old. The tail actually has 1980 molded on it.gqZvZrf.jpg

AhNvuif.jpg

gqZvZrf.jpg

Finished this up last week. Kitty Hawk SU-35 in 1/48. 

The kit itself is fantastic. No fit issues. As a matter of fact, the intakes were a dream! And I HATE intakes. This is well engineered kit, with excellent quality. The exhausts are fantastic BUT they only give you the option of having them straight back, as in flight or powered up. There is no drooped option. I had to get a resin set to be able to do that. Regardless, for the plastic, an A.

The directions. Graphically, excellent. Instructional wise, they suck. Even with careful examination I had to take apart a few things and re attach them properly. In many cases they are unclear, and in a couple places flat out wrong or they leave off parts or part numbers. They also were little help as to which weapons pylons were appropriate for which weapon. They showed a few, but not all. Directions get a D.

Decals. Physical properties, great! Nice and opaque. Tough but thin. Did not completely melt under solva set and sucked down into details perfectly.

Accuracy, NOT. They have the wrong stars. There is only one set, and it is NOT correct for all the versions. Also, they have you putting markings on the version I did that are not on the real plane. And all the criticisms of the directions apply to the decal directions. Decals get a C.

I feel like if KH just did a few more things better they would be toe to toe with Tamiya. For its faults, it builds into a really nice model. I didnt look, but I am sure there are after market decal sets that would rectify that issue.

Oh, yes, I full well realize my load out is NOT realistic. So no need to point that out. I dont particularly care. This was done for my son, and he wanted lots of boom, so thats what I did. And HE knows full well its not realistic.

20200619_231130-M.jpg

20200619_231102-M.jpg

20200619_231818-M.jpg

20200619_231611-M.jpg

Here's my latest build . . . the Revell 1/32 FW-190A - 8. Built oob except : Eduard instrument panel and seat harness. I used Eaglecals decals, plus the kit stencils, and painted with Humbrol enamels. All comments ( Good or bad ) welcome. :cheers:

DSC00855.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...