What did you just finish building?

My Tamiya 1/48 F2A-2 Brewster Buffalo. It's an oldie from the 70s but still nice. The front antenna mast broke when I was removing it from the sprue, reminds me of Tamiya's old A6M2a Zeros where the canopy mast always broke when I tried removing it no matter what method I used. I am not sure if I dare rig the antenna wire, a shame as I drilled a hole in the rear fuselage for the wire to enter. A Tamiya kit with Tamiya glue and Tamiya paint.  jon

Added some pictures of it with antenna wire rigged. jon

Buffalo 33.JPG

Buffalo 34.JPG

Buffalo 36.JPG

Buffalo 31.JPG

F2A2 2.JPG

F2A2 9.JPG

F2A2 10.JPG

F2A2 11.JPG

F2A2 12.JPG

Edited by jonwinn
10 hours ago, jonwinn said:

Wow! Thats one nice beast! Obviously box scale from the 60s? Right up my alley. John

Thank you John!
Yes, one of the old 60's kits. Mine had a 1983 stamp on the underwing, as it was in the History Makers boxing. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ST0RM said:

F-5N Tiger II from VMFT-401. 

1/72 Hobbyboss F-5E, modified with the larger LERX and duckbill nose, plus scratch built instrument panel. 

Thanks for looking. 

-Jeff

PXL_20211222_235537079_MP.jpg

Nice. The USMC 05 who shares my office was a Sniper for 10+ years. He loved flying the F-5. 

Cheers

Collin

9 hours ago, Collin said:

Nice. The USMC 05 who shares my office was a Sniper for 10+ years. He loved flying the F-5. 

Cheers

Collin

Thanks Collin. It was a fun build.

And I too love the F-5. I visited VMFT-401 back in 2018 and learned allot about their unique mission. 

-Jeff

On 12/9/2021 at 6:15 AM, ST0RM said:

On Sunday, I finished the Revell 1/118 PBM Mariner. Much nicer than when I built it at the age of 10. 

PXL_20211205_175624077.MP-01.jpeg

PXL_20211205_175553398.PORTRAIT-01.jpeg

PXL_20211205_175655581.MP-01.jpeg

PXL_20211205_175605863.PORTRAIT-01.jpeg

Fond, fond memories of my mom and I building one back in '64 when I was seven.  Stationed at Clinton-Sherman AFB, OK.  Dad would have helped but he was on 12 hour shifts busting his knuckles fixing B-52s, so model building fell to my great mom.  Our PBM was unpainted and covered in glue finger prints, but what fun.  

Edited by AD-4N
clarity
On 1/3/2022 at 5:18 PM, AD-4N said:

Fond, fond memories of my mom and I building one back in '64 when I was seven.  Stationed at Clinton-Sherman AFB, OK.  Dad would have helped but he was on 12 hour shifts busting his knuckles fixing B-52s, so model building fell to my great mom.  Our PBM was unpainted and covered in glue finger prints, but what fun.  

LOL, sounds like my first one as well!!

Clinton-Sherman... I've done many approaches at that field during my time at Altus as an Instructor. Great to hear a bit of it's history and connection with people. 
Glad you liked the build and it could bring back a fond memory. 

-Jeff