What did you just finish building?

Thats a really nicely finiished Hurricane James!! :wave:

I just recently finished a Revell S-Boot..yeah yeah, I know its a ship...:mellow:

Thanks, Anthony! :P Would love to see pics of your U-boat. I have always had a soft spot for subs.

:cheers:

J.C.

Edited by Jamie Cheslo

Here's my latest completed build...a "what-if" I.A.R. 88 made by grafting the engine from a CR-42 Falco on to an He-112. I've also got a P-40 I backdated to a P-36 by attaching a radial engine and cowling to it. I put it on floats but it still needs the N.E.I. decals applied. I average a complete build about every 10 days.

Bri2k

Here's my latest creation: a 1/72 P-36F SurfHawk "what-if" bashed from an Airfix P-40E, the cowling, engine and prop from a Fokker D.XXI and the floats from an Airfix Arado 196. This was done for a GB on another board. This is my first of four projects for the GB.

Bri2k

I was about to finish building a 1/48 Hasegawa hornet that Tony Hayes started and sent to me.

(BTW Tony does GREAT work)

It was missing a number of parts so I found an organ donner (this is the finished a model part)

One of my orgainal aggressors donated most of its front landing gear, intakes, clear areas and no doubt a few more peices yet to be harvested.

They have been donated to Tony's model THEN :banana: I RIPPED EVERYTHING FROM THE WINDSHEILD FORWARD OFF WITH A DREMIL TOOL!!!!! <_<

Rebuilt the forward cockpit pressure wall with plastic stripes, added a few hoses and such.

The idea is to make the brown VFC-12 survivor of a mid air crash back in 1996. (see the ARC story section.)

So far its turning out pretty nice. Wont win any contests but its sure different.

Kind of neat, Im working off of the 1 photo that shows the brown plane, so its a lot of guess work.

Once Elmo shows me (again) how to load photos , I'll load a photo. In fact I figured I would have finished it today but I got called in to work.(AGAIN :blink: )

Finished! And then I dropped it on the concrete floor. Luckily the donor honet came to the rescue to replace the destroyed sidewinder rail.

It is now AF-12, VFC-12, 162475 and it looks pretty accepable. Elmo!!!! Call me I need to learn how to do photos again.

Oh yes, the donor hornet has been retired to the little girl paint shop, and is currently purple.

Here's my latest creation: a 1/72 P-36F SurfHawk "what-if" bashed from an Airfix P-40E, the cowling, engine and prop from a Fokker D.XXI and the floats from an Airfix Arado 196. This was done for a GB on another board. This is my first of four projects for the GB.

Bri2k

Good to see that thing finished! I don't think I ever got around to seeing much of it before what-if went down.

• 4 weeks later...

Time to bring this thread back.

Just about done my Hasegawa Search and rescue Lancaster. As all ready mentioned, its no show winner. Lots of trouble with the decals, but it built up nice. Photos later.

haven't finished a model for a while, I have a has 1;48 f8e and skyhawk half finished, a 1:48 hurricane mk1 half painted a AM b25g and avenger needing decals and a tam 1:48 beaufighter half decalled.

my airbrush needs replacing so i'm stuck with painting. oh yeah, I have a revell 1:48 black widow on its way.

Just about to finish an Argentine Super Etendard, bit of weathering and coat of satincote and the all important Exocet.

Had to rescue it from my over enthustic 3 yo old son who wanted to help with the decaling!!!!!

A bit too early for the Falklands Group Build.

Finished a 1/72 Skyhawk for the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum Boneventure display.

I forgot how small a 1/72 scale model can be. Built OOB apart from the markings, which were for the VA-43 Skyhawk that was tested on Bonnie some 40 years ago.

Should be arriving at Tony's house right around now. Hopefully the posties dont hurt it too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, no one else building anymore????? :lol:

I figured the plane I was building for the Viet Nam group build, didnt actually fly in Viet Nam when wearing the decal option I would be using.

So I built the plane. My first (for myself) Tamiya prop job. A true shake and out comes a completed model of a A-1 Sky Raider. VA-85 CVW-8 off the Forrestal.

I admit I build faster then some people, but this model built itself, it was so simple I had it assembled in less then two days. Painted in one and its now sitting on the shelf. dry. And collecting dust.

If you ever need a fast build or something to rebuild your confidence, the Tamiya 1/48 Sky Raider is the plane. Eaaaaaasssyyyyyyyyyy.

Next a AM Mitchell.

• 2 weeks later...

Mitchells done, it will be in a article on Canada day. I had three nights off work in a row, got lots of building done since we cancelled half our TV stations.

I also finished a Canadian Mustang in city of Winnipeg markings. Thanks for the decals DONG. I'll take photos of that one for a Canada day article too.

Edited by phantom