What did you just finish building?

Wow, no one else building anymore????? :blink:

Well, speaking for myself, I'm swamped with end-of-the-school year insanity-for-teachers, preparing for all the mandatory training I have to sit through during the summer (no, NOT a vacation as many think! <_< ) plus my submission for the Tomcat Sunset. Should have something done this summer sometime...or at least I'd BETTER....

Mitchells done, it will be in a article on Canada day. I had three nights off work in a row, got lots of building done since we cancelled half our TV stations.

I also finished a Canadian Mustang in city of Winnipeg markings. Thanks for the decals DONG. I'll take photos of that one for a Canada day article too.

That sounds like some major work accomplished, Shawn. Which kits were they? I shall be looking forward to seeing your articles for Canada Day. I am looking forward to the end of the school year so I can really start work on my B-17E for the Heavies GB. Right now, I am a little snowed under with essays and exams staring at me, begging to be marked. :blink: :worship:

:cheers:

J.C.

Finished this week, Tamiya Bf-109E-1 of Josef Priller, 1940. Paints Floquil Military enamels, decals from various sources. Brake lines scratch built, wingtip nav lights, MV reflectors. brgds, Hal

Edited by Hal Marshman Sr
That sounds like some major work accomplished, Shawn. Which kits were they? I shall be looking forward to seeing your articles for Canada Day. I am looking forward to the end of the school year so I can really start work on my B-17E for the Heavies GB. Right now, I am a little snowed under with essays and exams staring at me, begging to be marked. :blink: :worship:

:cheers:

J.C.

1/48 A/M B-25B for the Mitchell. I used CanMilAir decals, (in fact the model is in their customer gallery all ready.)

Very nice Canadian decals on ALPS out of London Ontario.

The Mitchell I had wasnt really right for the decals, so with a few minor modifactaions I got it a little closer to a 1961 Navigation trainer. But when someone gives you a $50 plus dollar model for a gift YOU BUILD IT!!!

The Mustang was a real simple Hasegawa 1/48 P-51D done up with a really old set of Arrow graphics City of Winnipeg. Decals needed a few weeks of bleaching in sunlight. After that they were good to go.

Good to see 15 year old decals can work well without any issues.

Night shifts are great. TV sucks so I have to do something quiet to keep my body in night mode on days off.

Making models is it. Now Im working on a Canadian CT-133. After that a Harvard and perhaps a Vampire, before I tackle the Acadamy F-16.

Edited by phantom
  • 2 weeks later...

During the computer glich I finished a Acadamy 1/48 CT-133 in grey with a bb pit and Leading edge decals.

Also a Occidental Harvard with Leading edge decals.

Messerschmitt Bf109 G-10 of Kroaten-Staffeln 15./JG 52.2.1. Serial number 5 2105 based at Lucko airfield, Zagreb Croatia 1944 and Klagenfurt, Austria 1945. My best build yet.

Next up Messerschmitt Bf109G-6, Royal Hungarian Air Force, 101 Puma /I Fighter Group. Going slow since I blew the paint job, have to strip it and start over.

• 3 weeks later...

Last week I finished and submitted the last of my heavies. A CP-140 Aurora (Hasegawa 1/72 P-3 Orion) in the 1980 delivery scheme, Canadian of course.

Photos now resideing in the heavies group build main page, and coming soon to an ARC main page near you.

A 1/48 Hasegawa F-14A. In 1981 Gulf of Sidra shoot down markings from detail and scale. 24 year old decals worked just ducky.

Up coming in CVW-8 part 7 once I finish a F-14D.

Tamiya Bf109 E-4/7 converted into an E-3 (Tamiya does have an E-3 kit but it was not in my stash) built into

a Royal Yugoslav Army Air Force Messerschmitt of the 104 Eskadrilla. Beautiful Lift Here! decals from Serbia. This is a rather plain jane plane but historically very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from the bang seats, which are not at the store yet......

A CF-104D Starfighter in 1/48. Close enough to be done to say done.

In the grand scheme of things. The real 12641 which is on a stick at the CWHM doesnt have seats..........

Therefore I guess its done.

I'll still put the seats in when they show up.

Edited by phantom