What did you just finish building?

• 1 month later...

Since August I have fininshed several models for other people. This batch, for the high time pilot of the CF-100 Canuck. A very nice man who was REAL happy to pick up his planes yesterday.

Hobby Craft CT-133, as he flew it at CFB North BAy back in the 70s 80s with 414 squadron/ I built him this one to replace his damaged one.

DSC_0326_1.jpg

DSC_0330_1.jpg

I repaired this one. It was made decades ago and was in many broken pieces. I put it back together on the base supplied. The data plate from the actual airframe. After he delivered it to a museum. He also flew the very last CF-100 to the mueseum in Ottawa. Its now sitting in Hamilton.

DSC_0331_1.jpg

He supplied a couple 1/72 Hobby craft kits to use as parts. I did not need them so I built them as airframes he flew. On of 416 squadron the other from 3OTU, back in the late 50s.

DSC_0332_1.jpg

Last his new Italeri CH-147D Chinook. It has Canmilair decals and lots of scratch built add ons. Like Kleenex painted green covering old Testors glue lids pretending to be the big engine covers used in Afganistan.

DSC_0344_1.jpg

If your going to build one VERY basic simple plane you might as well save paint and build another very basic model. Hobby Craft Sea Fury, also with Belcher Bits decals.

DSC_0408_1.jpg

Edited by phantom
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2016-10-09 at 2:05 PM, phantom said:

Last his new Italeri CH-147D Chinook. It has Canmilair decals and lots of scratch built add ons. Like Kleenex painted green covering old Testors glue lids pretending to be the big engine covers used in Afganistan.

DSC_0344_1.jpg

Love the pin-up nose art... so cool. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...