What did you just finish building?

This Banshee, (light) Yeah, its not the kind Canada flew but this is what the customer wanted. So this is what he gets.

DSC_0451.jpg

Actually don't mind it. Hopefully Kittyhawk someday comes out with the correct type for Canada.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:58 PM, phantom said:

This Banshee, (light) Yeah, its not the kind Canada flew but this is what the customer wanted. So this is what he gets.

DSC_0451.jpg

Actually don't mind it. Hopefully Kittyhawk someday comes out with the correct type for Canada.

Phantom,

I've been off list for 5 months or so, just came back to the fold, and looked up your latest build. I'm certainly not disappointed. Just a outstanding build of a not so great Kitty Hawk model. But then again, that's what I'd expect coming from you.

Joel

These next three have been done for a while. Just had to wait for the special order decals.

SAR Griffon with Belcher Bits conversion and Canmilair decals.

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

And then......ANOTHER Hasegawa RF-4E out of the box....Thats the last Phantom for a little while.

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

Then I combined the last three, and one from a couple years ago into this..........

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

I JUST FINISHED  this...Monogram 1/72 F11-C Goshawk. It is part of a club build project, where each member is building one aircraft from each section of VF-1B/2B "Tophatters" aboard USS Saratoga (CV-3) between 1933-37. I chose 1-F-13, just because I like the Willow Green trim...and aircraft numbered "13".

For consistency, we agreed to all use the same paints, have no weathering, and to ensure they all got built in a reasonable time-frame...no rigging ( :rolleyes: ) !!

I worked on it while building my more "serious" projects, doing a bit here and there, and then after finishing up my Sea Harrier build I jumped in for the painting and decals straight to the finish. It was a fun build! Just masking and painting...not sweating high lights, paint mixes, a wash or weathering. I need to do that more often! I believe the plan is to have them displayed in the museum at NAS Pax River when all is said and done.

IMG_3538.jpgupload img

IMG_3539.jpgfree photo hosting

IMG_3540.jpgforum image hosting

IMG_3541.jpgimgurl

IMG_3542.jpgimg upload