What did you just finish building?

Then almost the same model for a customer. Cleaning the airbrush from this colour is awful so I did all three together.

DSC_0033_2.jpg

DSC_0034_2.jpg

All 3 together

DSC_0037_2.jpg

All the customers new batch of models ready for pickup.

DSC_0036_2.jpg

Edited by phantom

Roden 1/144 C-47. This is an OOB build finished with Mr Color. You may notice the roundels are out of register; perhaps Roden should focus on 1-color decals  While this is so much better than the Minicraft version (didn't have to spend an hour thinning the wing trailing edge, MLG aren't illl-formed, main wheel and props are not grossly over-scale), there are a few things I'll fix next time.

c-47-T2-done0.jpg

c-47-_T2-done2.jpg

I've got a Minicraft version ready to paint. I'll use the Folsom's Air Service Douglas C-47C Floatplane conversion from Welsh Models to fix it problematic MLG.

Felt like a simple build. Picked up a started Arrow and then modified it into a CF-105 Mk.2 

Paint for the anti-ice system, which the Mk.2 would have needed for Arctic defence. I changed the weapons bay into a fuel tank with semi recessed weapons. US Genie Nukes and Sparrows. A logical fix to the over the top weapons system  that was planned. Oh, and a external 20mm gun between the Nukes.

Then the Orenda engines. All I did for that was add some afterburners from a Phantom. The paint scheme is the proposed scheme the RCAF would have used if the plane went into service. Natural metal with RCAF plus 3 markings. Squadron is 413, one of the Sabre units displaced in Germany by the Canucks. Figure if Canada had continued with the Arrow maybe we would not have dropped the numbers of airframes in the air force by 2/3s over the next ten years.

DSC_0508_1.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, about 50 pages of this thread are gone. But we still build. So keep tossing your latest build in here!

Italeri Bell 47 in 1/48. Decals from the spare bin.

dJWRC6V.jpg

CPnzIiM.jpg

Edited by phantom
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay. See if my last effort is sizing properly or not.

Monogram 48th F-105D made for friend/neighbor that flew this one in Thailand, 1968.

l4SE59.jpg

l4SE59.jpg

e9BNoE.jpg

Bo

EDIT:  I'm using vgy.me and when I click on 'BB Coded Direct link' it just copies the previous posted photo.  The way around it is to highlight and Control C, copy, the code in box. then open another screen for this site, and Control V. paste, it here.

Any better plan??

Bo

Edited by jabow

Just finished a 1/32 minicraft/hasegawa storch which was a comission also finished repaired a 1/72 b-29 that is for someone else and a 1/48 bronco rq-1 predator currently working on a trump 1/48 jl-9 plateau eagle trainer plus 1/48 trump j-10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...