What did you just finish building?

Another tracked thing....Dragons KingTiger (henschel turret) great kit .

100_0148.jpg

100_0149.jpg

100_0150.jpg

this ones nearly done just got to add shells / ammo boxes & some crew gear, then final weathering its the first winter finish I've done.

Dragons Marder II.....

100_0120.jpg

Andy :worship:

• 3 weeks later...

21 pages since anyone built a model? Wow. :pray:

OK, just finished. 1/48 Acadamy Labrador modified with a Belcher bits APU tail and decals. And a lot of interior building. Like storage racks, fuel drums, and a coffee maker.

jpg1-8.jpg

jpg2-9.jpg

jpg4-5.jpg

Ok, ok, so it's not a plane, but at least I finished SOMETHING! ;)

39 Chevy coupe "retro-built" as a factory stock model from the Monogram/Revell street rod kit. A great deal of scratch-building and kit-bashing was involved!

39ChevyCoupe3.jpg

:thumbsup:

Old Blind Dog

PS: Oh yeah! Got myself a new digital camera as an early birthday present! (Sony Cybershot 8.1 megapixel).

Edited by Old Blind Dog
:thumbsup: Just completed the 1/48 Monogram AT-6D Texan done in NMF with red cowl and tail. Bought the kit for 50% off about a year ago at a local Hobby Lobby. Other than some E-Z masks for the greenhouse canopy sections, no aftermarket stuff was used. <_< Ivan
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished an Airfix 1/48 BAE Hawk CT-155. Took me 10 months to complete! :thumbsup: With the exception of some scratchbuilt items, it was completely out of the box. Pictures to follow in Critique Corner.

:(

My 48th hasegawa P-38 'Bat out of hell' Nowhere near the problem build everyone says, didn't get enough weight in the nose though

A R/M Bf-110G2 Gawd I am tired of painting greenhouse canopies, picked up a Monogram Devastator out of my stash yesterday, took a look in the box and almost dropped it recoiling in terror.

At least my Ali-cat won't have much in the way of canopy terrors, but it does have white wheel wells...shudder.

Some day I'll own a home computer and digital camera to post this stuff

Matt

jpg3-10.jpg

Just finish a 1/48 Hasegawa F-18A+ for the McDonald Douglas group build. Also repainted a older VFA-87 airframe and used the new Afterburner decals to get the CAG 8 Sheild.

jpg11-1.jpg

jpg12-1.jpg

Introducing my latest builds:

Hase. 1/48 F-16A Israeli Aggressor

Izzy016.jpg

Izzy014.jpg

Izzy015.jpg

Izzy017.jpg

Scott Doepkers AWESOME 1/144 C-141 (all resin)

Izzy018.jpg

Izzy020.jpg

Izzy022.jpg

and a Condor 1/72 Mig-25P converted to a -PD

Izzy030.jpg

Izzy031.jpg

Izzy032.jpg

Hope you enjoy them.

- Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Does trying to "build up my patience levels" count? :blink:

Nothing as of yet. Still hoping to get into a place so I can crack out my MiG 29, F-14A "Sukhoi Killers" and Supermarine Spitfire that have been languishing for 1309 days and counting.

From the F-4 Phantom GB...

I decided the throw a real twist into things with the completion of this. While not perfect (the intake seams were a bear and I decided to live with it) I think the results are very unique and I had fun with it. In the end, that's what it's really all about.

And now for a bit of background...

On 20 February 1959, the Prairie Blowhard, a.k.a. Prime Minister Diefenbaker, canceled the Avro Arrow project. With his announcement, the Prime Minister relegated Canada to a third world air power. In the decade that preceeded the announcement, Canada had one of the largest Air Forces in the world and was a force to be reckoned with with the 16 Squadrons of 1 Air Division in Europe. Although the Arrow was designed for the defence of Canada, it was hoped that the sleek interceptor would be deployed to augment the ranks of 1 Air Division.

The decade that followed the Arrow's cancellation saw much global turmoil. With the launch of Sputnik, the space race had already begun. October 1962 saw President Kennedy and the United States go toe-to-toe with Premier Khrushchev and the Russians during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Throughout the 1960's, the Soviets were increasing the size and power of their aerial arsenal. The Warsaw Pact was becoming a juggernaut. 1967 saw the Six Day War, among other battles and skirmishes, within the Middle East. 1969 Saw the famous "Soccer War" between El Salvador and Hondouras. Things finally hit home in Canada, ableit on a minor scale, with the FLQ Crisis in October 1970.

Having been recently elected to power in the late 1960's, Canada's new Prime Minister, Pierre Trudeau, at the desire of some politicians, opted to impose the War Measures Act to help quell the riots and civil unrest that was part of the FLQ Crisis. One journalist asked Prime Minister Trudeau how far he was willing to go to meet the growing domestic threat. His response?..."Just watch me."

Eyeing the opportunity to bring Canada back to the forefront of being a strong military power, Prime Minister Trudeau entered into secret negotiations with the United States government about increasing the size of our air force. After the Arrow project was shut down, many of Canada's top minds in aviation engineering, design and construction went to the United States and easily found jobs with Northrop, Grumman, McDonnell-Douglas, NASA, and General Dynamics to name but a few. While Canada had the venerable CF-Voodoo, they were looking to add a second punch to their repertoire; something with speed that presented a 'Don't mess with us!' image. The Department of National Defence suggested that the Goverment purchase enough aircraft to equip six squadrons, plus spares, of course.

In the spring of 1973, the Canadian government chose the F-4 Phantom II to augment Canada's CF-101 Voodoo as its front line fighter. There was much back-slapping and many huzzahs at the decision to make Canada a force to be respected again. The first Phantom was received on 01 July 1973; Dominion Day - Canada's 106th birthday. 409 'Nighthawk' Squadron was chosen as the first squadron to be equipped with the 'new' Phantoms which were given the Canadian Air Force designation CF-117. The Nighthawks were transferred to CFB Uplands in Ottawa. The nation's capital would once again see and hear the spectacle of jet fighters flying over the Peace Tower and giving Ottawan's a sense of security that defenders were right in our own back yard, rather than having to depend on other squadrons based hundreds and even thousands of miles away for protection.

Despite the jubilant mood among the politicians and the general public, all was not roses as there were dark storm clouds on the horizon. 1973 and 1974 signalled the beginning of the global oil crisis. This quickly led to a severe domestic economic crisis in Canada. The government had to make some tough decisions. Once again, the military and the Department of National Defence were left holding the bag and the second national dream was nothing but a nightmare. The F-4 deal was cancelled and Canada soldiered on with the CF-101 until the mid-1980's when the One-Oh-Wonder was replaced with the latest McDonnell-Douglas offering, the CF-188 Hornet.

It could have happened...

409 Squadron was recently re-activated and the Nighthawk is their emblem. They are flying the CF-188 Hornet.

The tail code is an amalgam of my badge number (117) and my late father's badge number (230).

I painted the model wit Model Master enamels (Voodoo Grey and Flat Black) and Alclad II (Aluminum and Duraluminum).

The decals are Belcher Bits 1:48 Voodoo sheet.

CFB Uplands is a shell of its former self even though there is some talk of 414 Squadron being re-activated and they will be doing some flying out of Uplands.

LeftRearThreeQuarterTop.jpg

RightRearThreeQuarter-2.jpg

LeftSide-1.jpg

TailMarkings.jpg

• 2 weeks later...