What did you just finish building?

Sometimes you get half way through a build and loose interest thinking this ones not going to turn out too good. Such is the case here with this 1/48 Monogram P-80 my wife got me for my birthday that I started a week ago. Stamping indicates this kit is very old. 1977!! However the box decals were printed in 2010 and were nice and colorful and they went down very nicely. No mention of nose weight in the instuctions, so assuming it would be a tail sitter I threw in some pennys and dimes before sealing it up.Was not enough though and it was a good thing I left the flaps down in the split position.I ended up sliding some 2" drywall brads up through the open flaps to slide to the nose. After some post shading it DID turn out quite acceptible.

IMAG0348_zpsd5d7b056.jpg

IMAG0347_zpsa2b94e7e.jpg

IMAG0339_zps4b5f5bf1.jpg

IMAG0345_zpsd4f9f439.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

One of my top 5 favorite jets is a viper, and building Hasegawa's old F-16 kits is right up there too. This one should have been done a week ago, but with the holidays and family functions you can't do it all. The panel lines were experimental, but highly effective and easy to use: Crayola kids water paint! Apply and wipe away! SOO EASY! Forget promodeler! Decals are Fightertown VF-126 depicting a F-16A around 2006/07 NAS Fallon Nevada in one of the many cool cammys aggresors ware. Pitot tube is a clothes pin point and the static discharge antennas are cut up pieces of a snow brush. As with almost all Hasegawas I build, seat belts are from masking tape.

IMAG0418_zps32d0f8b5.jpg

IMAG0424_zps96073132.jpg

IMAG0426_zps3a5a4870.jpg

IMAG0422_zpsb9beb03d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is the cheapper and less detailed version of Hasegawas 1/48 F-16C that was finished yesterday afternoon. The Academy version is soo much like theres that you think it is till you start building it. Injections marks here and there, bad fitt, less detail, and an annoying nose up stance look to it. The weapons are no good either, so the sidewinders are Monogram, and the amraams and fuel tanks are from Hasegawa. The decals are Superscale that I could find no reference shots for, soo who knows! Suppose to be a 144 FighterWing Fresno California demo viper.My wife got me this one a year ago from Hobby Lobby and I figured it sat around unbuilt long enough.

IMAG0490_zps859d0ba5.jpg

IMAG0486_zpsf669301f.jpg

IMAG0485_zpsa2e17109.jpg

This one IS NOT mine, DonG built it!!!!! Holy crap did you ever think we would see the day!jaw-dropping.gif

Its a Tamiya 1/32 F-4J

OK, the photos don't link.....But it does look good!rolleyes.gif

Edited by phantom