What did you just finish building?

1412704721[/url]' post='2653602']

MInus,

Most impressive build. Camo paint scheme really turned out quite well coupled with your weathering that certainly has that used but not abused look that I much prefer.

Joel

That SLUF looks great! Was this unit out of Springfield Ohio?

Back to some more Monogram! A-4E VA-46 Klansmen June 67' piloted by John McCain just before this jet was lost in the huge accidental firing of a Zuni Missile aboard the Forrestal. Another OOB build here as the newer Revell/ Monogram decals are pretty nice.

IMAG2802_zpsvxlkad3q.jpg

IMAG2799_zpsgb59m41w.jpg

IMAG2798_zpscxab5h2z.jpg

Back to some more Monogram! A-4E VA-46 Klansmen June 67' piloted by John McCain just before this jet was lost in the huge accidental firing of a Zuni Missile aboard the Forrestal. Another OOB build here as the newer Revell/ Monogram decals are pretty nice.

Sledge,

Just a super build, with a fantastic paint and decal scheme. It certainly grabbed my attention. That's for sure.

Joel

IMAG2798_zpscxab5h2z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sledge,

Very nicely done. An overall Black paint scheme is really a tough deal to pull off, but your build looks great wearing black due to some very effective weathering.

.Always great to see another prop here, as ARC is really jet orientated. Nothing wrong with that as it's a younger crowd that grew up basically with military jets. Us old guys who were born just after WW11 grew up with the end of the prop age and the beginning of the jet era.

Joel

1415212421[/url]' post='2660975']

Sledge,

Very nicely done. An overall Black paint scheme is really a tough deal to pull off, but your build looks great wearing black due to some very effective weathering.

.Always great to see another prop here, as ARC is really jet orientated. Nothing wrong with that as it's a younger crowd that grew up basically with military jets. Us old guys who were born just after WW11 grew up with the end of the prop age and the beginning of the era.

Joel

Thanks Joel! What project you working on now? Edited by Sledge
Thanks Joel! What project you working on now?

Sledge,

I'm still a prop man at heart, just my upbringing as a modeler from the yesteryears of a baby boomer (born 1947). I'm currently building the Academy 1/48 P-38L. I have a build thread going in the In Progress forum @ http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=279335

Joel

Edited by Joel_W
1415297987[/url]' post='2661241']

Sledge,

I'm still a prop man at heart, just my upbringing as a modeler from the yesteryears of a baby boomer (born 1947). I'm currently building the Academy 1/48 P-38L. I have a build thread going in the In Progress forum @ http://www.arcforums...howtopic=279335

Joel

Cool! I will be sure to follow along.

• 3 weeks later...

For the Great War Group Build

Roden Dr.1 OOB. Small control wires courtesy of photo shop-I didn't want to be bothered as sooner or later one of the grandkids will get it :)/>/>

003_zps1c5081bc.jpg

002_zps0a3c6041.jpg

001_zpscbe3ee63.jpg

WNW's Albatros Dv

Kurt Monnington Jasta 15 1917

004_zps5f954997.jpg

003_zps0a5dec0d.jpg

001_zpsd0b76645.jpg

002_zpsa6e76450.jpg

Modelguy2,

Two very impressive WW1 builds. Is the rigging on both models via Photoshop? If so, the turn buckles are a very nice touch.

Joel

Just the elevator/aileron cables on the Dr.1 the rest is invisible thread with GasPatch turnbuckles.

Edited by modelguy2