What did you just finish building?

• 2 weeks later...

That thing is neat! Nice job.

Normal real plane again. Pro Modeller B-25 with decals from the spare bin.

DSC_0969.jpg

DSC_0973.jpg

This was built to replace one I did 10 years ago. As the old one was a gift I shell re-purpose it. Saty tuned.

DSC_0975.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Phantom,

Another outstanding 1/48 scale build.

One thing I did notice is how well you did the yellow bands on the bombs. That has always given me issues. I've tried every method including masks, but none look as good as yours. Are yours decals or painted on?

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Monogram 1/72 F4B-4 was my last finish a few months ago. Now struggling big-time with a 1/72 Matchbox Gladiator which is the closest I've come to being defeated by any build! The rigging and subsequent touch-ups are killing me.

Final9_zpsbwryvmzd.jpg

Thommo, Sounds like the frustration level is getting up there. Why not just put the build down for a while, and start a new kit with just one wing to get those Mojo juices flowing again. Joel

I'm a stubborn b@#$%^d Joel. I made some decent progress last night, a few spots on the underside are less than what I'd like, but I'll leave them as is and press on to the finish.

I'm actually wondering if the new bottle of CA I got on special from a hobby shop in Coffs Harbour (too old perhaps - can it go off?) has something wrong with it (though it seems to be identical brand to my last one)?

Edited by Thommo

I'm a stubborn b@#$%^d Joel. I made some decent progress last night, a few spots on the underside are less than what I'd like, but I'll leave them as is and press on to the finish.

I'm actually wondering if the new bottle of CA I got on special from a hobby shop in Coffs Harbour (too old perhaps - can it go off?) has something wrong with it (though it seems to be identical brand to my last one)?

Thommo,

Glad that you've made more progress. From what Chuck has said, CCA glue can start to go bad over a period of time. That's why I buy my glues from Sprue Brothers as I figure they turn over their products fairly quickly.

Joel