What did you just finish building?

Hello from a new member from Michigan. Just finished my 1 / 32 F-14A Tamiya Tomcat after all these years since I purchased it when they first came out, some 15 / 20 years ago I think. Done it up in Cam Decals VF-31 Tomcatters markings. Would like to post them for you guys to view but being new to this site I dont know how. Any help would be appreciated. Anyone wanting to help can e-mail me at dsc070744@wowway.com. Really would appreciate it. On the bench now is : 1 / 72 Airfix Fairey Firefly Mk V 90 % done. An old Monogram kit, P-61 Black Widow, 75 % done. An Academy 1 / 72 B-29 Enola Gay, 85 % done Alclad NMF and an old Revell Classic P5M Martin Mariner. Also one Airliner 1 / 144 MD-80 in Muse Air markings. 90% done. Cars : 1 / 24 scale Lamborghini ( painting stage ) . Doing it in Model Master color of " Go Mango " Thats about it for now. Dennis

OK this little project is why my aircraft model building has been put on hold for a while. I'm building the complete Tamiya 1/12 F1 GP car collection, almost all of which have been out of production for many years. This requires the use of Evilbay to source the kits and a rapidly dwindling bank account !

Here is the latest addition to the set a JPS Lotus 72D :-

lotus1a.jpg

lotus2a.jpg

The collection will eventually be housed in this baby :-

case_new1.jpg

Sorry a little off topic but what the hell. :banana:

Doc

OK this little project is why my aircraft model building has been put on hold for a while. I'm building the complete Tamiya 1/12 F1 GP car collection, almost all of which have been out of production for many years. This requires the use of Evilbay to source the kits and a rapidly dwindling bank account !

Here is the latest addition to the set a JPS Lotus 72D :-

lotus1a.jpg

lotus2a.jpg

The collection will eventually be housed in this baby :-

case_new1.jpg

Sorry a little off topic but what the hell. :banana:

Doc

Wow Doc, well done and a very ambitious project!

I have built some and have most of their 1/12 scale line. I'd love to see more of these posted. The display case is also most impressive!

Here's my modest collection......

DSC00123-vi.jpg

.........and a very ambitious project!

Hey Daryl, your right there.

Thanks for posting your great work and quite a collection you have, you've got a head start on me! :cheers:

So far it's taken about a month per model so at that rate I should be fairly busy for quite a while....... :blink: Actually building a Revell 1/12 Ferrari F2002 to sneek into the collection, not a great kit but with a little work something acceptable can be achieved (I hope!)

Thanks for looking.

Doc

Another commision build. 1/48 Tamiya Mitsubishi Isshikirikko Type 11 (Betty torpedo bomber)

One I would have never built for myself, but it still turned out pretty good. Look for it one day in the gallery section.

WOO HOO! :D First model finished in more than a year! (Don't ask): the 1/72 Airfix Ford Trimotor, built as a U.S. Navy RR-3 from Utility Squadron 5. Will post pix as soon as I finish painting and mounting the figures in a diorama.

B) Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum flack)

A really simple build. A 1/32 Hasegawa Sky hawk. I think the 1/48 comes with way more parts and more detail OOB.

Still...I think the paint job (Jesters Top-gun jet) made the plane.

Last of my current batch of Group builds.

In the last couple of days I have finished these 4

Revell Monogram 1/25 Dodge Viper RT/10

RM_Dodge_001.jpg

Airfix 1/72 S.A. Puma

AX_Puma_001_009.jpg

Revell Mongram 1/24 Shelby Mustang GT 350H

RM_Mustang_001.jpg

and my latest I finished today

Airfix 1/72 DH88 Comet Racer "Black Magic"

Airfix_DH88_002_023.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

1/32 Hasegawa Canadian Starfighter with Leading edge decals. Turned out really nice.

Thanks to Dong, for the plane, Kevin for the bang seat and Dave for the decals. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also a rebuild of a 1/18 scale toy jeep, and a 1:1 scale kitten. Those last two will be on a silly day page.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished, a really awful model, the Hobbycrap CT-142 (Canadair Dash 8)

The only thing that saves it is the wonderful Leading edge decals. I even had to paint the windows, everything in the kit is garbage.

Nice, Tony!! <_<

I finished a car which is a present for my hopefully future stepson, who is four. There is a local Christian puppet production whose main character drives a distinctly painted car, which he LOVES, and I made a little 1/25 replica of it, with jrallman's indispensible expertise in making the decals.

• 4 weeks later...